3 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
alibas says

Hi,

I am new comer to this world. I am not a designer, but I like to code. I spent few months on a theme. I uploaded the theme 3 days ago named as ini-catalyst. The goal was to provide a theme with unlimited layouts, templates, sidebars and style based on bootstrap. you can create your templates and layouts within theme with few clicks. But it got hard rejected. I knew that would happen, but I thought I would get some feedback to work on it. but I didn’t get any. So please if some one can mentor me or give me some feedback I really appreciate it.

Demo: http://catalyst.ini-lab.com—> server is really slow

4377 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Attended one of our Meetups around the world
+6 more
Dzinc says

This thread is now in › Item Discussion

535 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Slovakia
+3 more
LubosVolovar says

Sorry, but this looks like some free (and even not very good one) WP theme. This design is way off for any constructive feedback. Since you are coder, I advise you to find some skilled designer, or buy nice PSD with correct license, or just start working on your design skills.
See some recent WP themes on ThemeForest to get some sense of quality needed to get approved.
Good luck

3 posts
alibas says

Thank you for your reply. The goal was not about creating great looking theme as I really incapable of doing that, the goal was to provide functionality for other designers, unfortunately they deleted my links to my files. so you mean it does not matter how much I work on my code, and theme functionality, as long as it does not have a great design it won’t get accepted ? How can I share my file here?!! they deleted it!!

535 posts
  • Located in Slovakia
+3 more
LubosVolovar says

Without decent design you have no chance to get accepted to ThemeForest, but since you are coder, why don’t you try do create something for codecanyon.net?
I don’t know what files are you talking about

4377 posts
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Attended one of our Meetups around the world
+6 more
Dzinc says

Hi alibas, while we appreciate the intention of providing the theme as a free and useful resource, unfortunately, due to Forum Rules, the download link has been removed.

A Note on Self Promotion Because of the commercial nature of the Envato networks, authors are expected to understand and respect the fact that using the forum to post links to one’s own items, or to give away free files to the community, is not allowed. read more

Thanks for your understanding.
3 posts
alibas says

I just wanted to give my files to get feedback on them, so I can sell them. I saw few other links before I posted mine.

@PhantasiaAeterna: Do you know where I can find a good designer so I can work with?

535 posts
  • Located in Slovakia
+3 more
LubosVolovar says

You can create a new thread here on ThemeForest forum.

105 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Located in United States
aGHasizadeh says

@alibas you and I are the same, we are just a coder guy who can make any psd into the webpage :D

get a designer and enjoy the life ;)

by
by
by
by
by
by