• Bought between 500 and 999 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • United States
  • Won a Competition
Daniel_R says

Hey creative people! I don’t know why but I love this marketplace alot… ;)

Last week I was watching some videos that include 3D elements. I came out with the idea that 3Docean authors can collaborate with VH authors just like some VH authors does with AJ music files.

So, for example, take a look at this item from VH (not promoting or anything mods): Item

The Robot Arm was created with 3D Max and this is an example of project including 3D elements.

What about if you guys create the 3D model and the VH author creates the visual effects? There can be a special category on VH with 3D models (as you can read more on this VH thread) where the user purchase the model at 3D ocean and the file at VH.

I’m wondering on the price though and if these kind of projects will get a lot of sales (after all it seems a lot of work) but the 3D models dont need to be really complicated.

What do you guys think? I have a plan to come out with a After Effects Project and I would love to colaborate with any around here!

2446 posts Community Officer
  • Envato Staff
  • Community Ambassador
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Won a Competition
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Beta Tester
+14 more
contrastblack Staff says
Hey creative people! I don’t know why but I love this marketplace alot… ;)

Last week I was watching some videos that include 3D elements. I came out with the idea that 3Docean authors can collaborate with VH authors just like some VH authors does with AJ music files.

So, for example, take a look at this item from VH (not promoting or anything mods): Item

The Robot Arm was created with 3D Max and this is an example of project including 3D elements.

What about if you guys create the 3D model and the VH author creates the visual effects? There can be a special category on VH with 3D models (as you can read more on this VH thread) where the user purchase the model at 3D ocean and the file at VH.

I’m wondering on the price though and if these kind of projects will get a lot of sales (after all it seems a lot of work) but the 3D models dont need to be really complicated.

What do you guys think? I have a plan to come out with a After Effects Project and I would love to colaborate with any around here!

Well I doubt there’s anyone out here who hasn’t actually considered creating content for VH as well, but given the pretty steep learning curve of AE, many just gave that up. The collaboration sounds awesome though, but that would imply contact, either from 3Do-Authors to VH-authors or the other way around… which again, most likely has to happen on its own, unless there’s a competition or something centralized by Envato.

Lastly, the price, is indeed a troublesome area, due to the possibility of fraud between the two authors. Also, it’s somewhat unfair that the one that publishes it gets the rate increased (the 40%-41% etc) while the other just gets a share of the profit. In order to avoid that, indeed the two authors could create a joint account, but that, AGAIN , is not really worth the effort unless such items have awesome potential and sell well, so that the joint account get’s bumped up to a higher commission rate quickly.

Other than that, nothing to object, the idea itself is awesome, and it would make MY life a tad easier, because I really don’t have the time to learn AE… so if anybody is interested, and has a basic idea of what is needed to be done, drop me a line, and I’ll tell you straight forward if I can do it, how long it takes, and other details.

Looking forward to hearing more opinions though!

Kind regards, Contrastblack.

1106 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
+9 more
3alisha says

Not a bad idea, but as Calin said it is not very lucrative…

On the other side, with proper credit to the 3d designer in the AE project, the 3d author could get a lot of exposure.

I think that many VH authors purchase files from 3do, so it is basically the same thing.

So, i think it would be easier for the VH author to simply buy 3do items for their projects.

As for a resolution:

Staff ! give us some exposure on VH if you please… Like making a public collection on VH (similar to the one we have one on 3do)

Cheers !

2715 posts
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
  • Won a Competition
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
  • Beta Tester
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Exclusive Author
  • Switzerland
+3 more
DanielKeller says
So, i think it would be easier for the VH author to simply buy 3do items for their projects

VH authors cannot use 3do items in their files…. maybe if they would not include the 3do file in the ZIP , but that would insist the buyer of paying an additional price… either the author or buyer don’t like that fact, the VH file would get not very much sales…. people don’t like to pay additional fees

Staff ! give us some exposure on VH if you please… Like making a public collection on VH (similar to the one we have one on 3do)

there is an official 3D collection on VH http://videohive.net/collections/381413-3d-objects-for-video-projects

if you really want that something gonna happen, then write Mark the VH Sitemanager a mail

3135 posts
  • Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
  • Won a Competition
Daniel_R says
VH authors cannot use 3do items in their files….

Sure they can, Daniel, the problem is that you can only upload 500 MB and with the additional 3do, it would be more than that.

The 3do source would only help if the user want to customize the source just as some VH items have a source and prerendered version of some plugins (like trapcode, optical flares, etc)

I think these kind of files are for a special niche / market to bring to VH potential clients (like pro videolancers and editors). I’m pretty sure they will be expensive and not for the regular / actual buyers around VH now.

Who knows, just ideas that can open the path for more creative ideas.

443 posts
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Beta Tester
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Envato Staff
  • Exclusive Author
+6 more
vibes35 Reviewer says

Great ideas!! :)

I wonder what the best way may be to collaborate…. contact through profile page? Via forum?

I love the idea! Thanks

3135 posts
  • Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
  • Won a Competition
Daniel_R says
Great ideas!! :)

I wonder what the best way may be to collaborate…. contact through profile page? Via forum?

I love the idea! Thanks

Yeah vibes, maybe posting on the forums would be a good start and contacting the VH top sales authors can be another way.

477 posts
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Beta Tester
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Envato Staff
  • Exclusive Author
  • Senior Reviewer
MatthiasAndre Reviewer says

Collaborating with VH is something that needs to happen a lot more. Any initiatives and ideas are very welcome :). I have been talking to Mark and I hope we can come up with something good soon. One thing that is stopping a lot of collaboration and in general holding back envato from enabling authors to collaborate easier is the fraud issue as contrastblack has mentioned.

2446 posts Community Officer
  • Envato Staff
  • Community Ambassador
  • Won a Competition
  • Beta Tester
+14 more
contrastblack Staff says
Collaborating with VH is something that needs to happen a lot more. Any initiatives and ideas are very welcome :). I have been talking to Mark and I hope we can come up with something good soon. One thing that is stopping a lot of collaboration and in general holding back envato from enabling authors to collaborate easier is the fraud issue as contrastblack has mentioned.

On that extent, I do have a solution that is possible, but depends a lot on the programing level on the back-end. Technically, all one would need is the added “single user or collab-account” when creating a new account, and that way, if choosing collab account, the two users would have to be inserted manually, and both would have to accept the invitation by clicking a verification link. From there on, the system would have to automatically split the profit equally between the two, based on the rough 40% and either grow from there, distinct from the users own rate, or simply by calculating the average rate of the two collaborating users.

Main issue with this is that the marketplace would need to support a quasi-multi-account architecture, which I’m pretty unsure of.

This is my suggestion. From my point of view, it seems possible, but then again, you know that a cucumber sales person knows most about building cars… so don’t worry too much if the programming team stares blank at you while you’re forwarding this idea :D.

Hope I was of some help. Kind regards,

Contrastblack.

3135 posts
  • Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
  • Won a Competition
Daniel_R says
but depends a lot on the programing level on the back-end.

The Dev’s here are very good and talented. I never tought the fraud part was holding back Envato from finally implementing the collab since the idea its been around for a while.

by
by
by
by
by
by