478 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
kevinsturf says

here guys I’ve been working on this template to submit for the competition. this is what i have so far. its not fully finished or compatible with ie :( but Im working on it.Please leave some opinions as to how it is or what needs changing for it to be accepted in.

check it out here: http://lenevia.com/coderslibrary/

some stuff that has to be done: -create a better looking logo(thats just default) -create a better nav bar(going to use lavalamp) -fix ssues with ie(don’t know what the hecks happening, if someone can tell me something about tat, images not showing up). - Some colors would be nice but I’m still dumbfounded on what colors to choose, so if you have an opinion, let me hear please.

thanks.

61 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
ne-design says

Very nice theme!

I think the black and white is good enough. Adding icons with colors might be one way to help your theme to get some colors.

The only thing that I would change will be the radial gradient at the bottom. It looks too bright for me. (I’m not sure if this is a bug, but the radial gradient at the contact page seem to be cut off.)

Good luck on the competition!

478 posts
+4 more
kevinsturf says
Very nice theme!

I think the black and white is good enough. Adding icons with colors might be one way to help your theme to get some colors.

The only thing that I would change will be the radial gradient at the bottom. It looks too bright for me. (I’m not sure if this is a bug, but the radial gradient at the contact page seem to be cut off.)

hey thanks on your response, Im not sure about the cutting off of the radial gradient but Ill look into it and reduce opacity of it too. also I’m trying to workout some colors that would best suit the overall look of the theme, if anyone has suggestions please feel free to let me know.

478 posts
+4 more
kevinsturf says
Very nice theme!

hey thanks on your response, Im not sure about the cutting off of the radial gradient but Ill look into it and reduce opacity of it too. also I’m trying to workout some colors that would best suit the overall look of the theme, if anyone has suggestions please feel free to let me know.

anyone else have any opinions on it, because i would really like to have a wide variety of feedback so I know what im working with?

104 posts
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+3 more
thomasfedb says

It looks pretty good. I would suggest the following:

• Compress the reflections vertiacally to it look like it is standing up
  • Make the feature area a sliding area, very popular atm
  • Make the menu clickable area larger
  • A little more emphasis on the shadow effect