25 posts
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Germany
alexbeck says

After loading some of my files to PhotoDune I don’t feel really comfortable with the upload process. Until now I almost only sent some of my stills, as I’ve real problems with the releases as I have to upload a extra release for every photo. For example: when I send a folder with 50 pictures from one and the same model, I also have to send 50 times the same model release and then bringing them together in the upload dialogue. this makes a list of 1000 files where you have to choose in the dropdown menu of the upload dialogue. It’s shure, that there have to happen some (or even some more) errors. It would be better to have a kind of “release management” as other sites have, where I only send the release once and then can access in the upload dialogue to the deposited releases. I also don’t like that I can’t see the Image that I’m working on. I always have to open the folder with my pictures on my computer, find the image by name and have to look at it to find out what’s on the picture and what keywords I can use for it. It’s also not very practicable that I can’t access the infos to the files I already finished.This would help, accessing the information, especially the keywords, I entered to the pictures. This would help to use the same keywords for similar pictures. especially when you have a lot of files, you need to manage the amount of data. In case of managing photos you can only do this visually, that means you simply have to see what you#re doing and not only can manage it by the file names.

the best upload process I know has fotolia. Maybe you should have a short look to see, how you could improve your upload process: After uploading here you have your files in a list and you can also see a little thumbnail of the picture and the information if it is a new picture or it is already finished and online. Now you can select what picture in this list you want to edit. In the editing process you also have a little thumbnail of the picture on the page, you have fields where you can enter title, keywords etc and (for me very important) you have a dropdown menu where you can select a deposited model release or you can click a link to deposit a new one.

It would be a great think If your upload process will be fixed in some things in the final/not beta version of PhotoDune. If you want quality pictures and quality informations entered to this pictures you need to help us authors with a quality upload process ;-)

thanx Alex

129 posts
  • Australia
  • Envato Developer
  • Envato Staff
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
notahat Dev says

We’ve been working hard on the upload process for Photodune behind the scenes. Stay tuned!

11 posts
  • Beta Tester
  • Canada
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Sold between 1 and 100 dollars
virginielhomond says

yup yup!!

25 posts
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Germany
alexbeck says

Hi, uploading process got better now, thanks a lot! but: the problem with the model release still exists, it is very uncomfortable to assigning it in the uploading process as you have to handle two files especially also as you don’t see them (makes it difficult to handle files only by name and not to see which model is on which picture). Is it planed to push the release assignment to the later editing area? would make it much more comfortable

45 posts
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Beta Tester
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
  • United States
stemlund says

uploading the model release multiple times was an unpleasant surprise for me as well. I’m sure it will be addressed in future upgrades to the system. The last upgrade was leaps and bounds better!

431 posts
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Australia
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Beta Tester
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Exclusive Author
+4 more
john says

Dealing with the model releases in a sane (for you guys, the photographers) way is a real challenge for us the way our underlying marketplace platform is structured.

Until now we’ve never really been in a market where you can upload something (a model release) and it be relevant for multiple items in your portfolio. For sites like themeforest, activeden and the like each item for sale is very much self contained.

So this is definitely on our list – but it’s a little trickier to do than we’re happy with, so we can’t make any assurances about when it will come or exactly how it will work.

by
by
by
by
by
by