203 posts
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Contributed a free file of the month
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
+3 more
ikaruna says

As kops said…

The ‘Look Now’ banner – kill that font, kill it with fire.

That kind of font just doesn’t go on the web, try and stick to a few fonts that are web safe, and until you feel confident with experimenting ( successfully ) with other fonts, try and have a look on what other people have used, read some typography & usability tutorials, (smashing magazine has tons for ex), and also, work pixel perfect, otherwise the design will just look messy. For example your separator lines are a bit fuzzy. But other than that, i also think you should start over with a fresh idea, not just repair, the whole concept needs a bit more tweaking – spend some time analyzing the top selling themes and ask yourself, what does their theme have, that mine doesn’t? Just my 2 cents;)

T.

1588 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
webdesignerart says

can you tell me what made you delete please? suggestion = targeting what s missed what is good and what s not

“delete start from scratch” Means use your own creativity. :)

181 posts
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in Turkey
gokhan214 says

As kops said…

The ‘Look Now’ banner – kill that font, kill it with fire.

That kind of font just doesn’t go on the web, try and stick to a few fonts that are web safe, and until you feel confident with experimenting ( successfully ) with other fonts, try and have a look on what other people have used, read some typography & usability tutorials, (smashing magazine has tons for ex), and also, work pixel perfect, otherwise the design will just look messy. For example your separator lines are a bit fuzzy. But other than that, i also think you should start over with a fresh idea, not just repair, the whole concept needs a bit more tweaking – spend some time analyzing the top selling themes and ask yourself, what does their theme have, that mine doesn’t? Just my 2 cents;)

T.

i changed the font lol ^^

181 posts
  • Located in Turkey
gokhan214 says

and i sorted the pixel problems of the seperators

181 posts
  • Located in Turkey
gokhan214 says

i did not mind the pixel perfect part by the way since i am going to use 960 grid system for all the elements :)

90 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
princessdesigns says

start all over again…

203 posts
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Contributed a free file of the month
+3 more
ikaruna says

Yes but using the 960gs doesn’t mean it will automatically check your shapes/alignment, make sure you have snap-to-pixel on, and smart guides, this will help.

And read, lots lots, no, strike that, TONS of articles on visual hierarchy and usability :) For ex: http://webdesign.tutsplus.com/articles/design-theory/understanding-visual-hierarchy-in-web-design/

by
by
by
by
by
by