58 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
Artzone13 says

Hi,

I have an issue, Some of the tags like body, a ., etc doesn’t seem to work with CSS, for example:

HTML ---------------------- <a href="#"></a> CSS --------------------- body{ font-family: 'robotoregular'; } a:hover{ text-decoration:none; }

these codes doesn’t seems to work, instead i am using classes for them like : .body ., etc. to work with their properties. i have also search for a while but i couldn’t find it,

If anyone knows about its fix, please help me to find out a solution for this !

Artzone13.

140 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • United Kingdom
codeblvck says

Post snippets of your actual code, we cant tell what you could be doing wrong by what you have posted.

Are you using a framework? are you sure there arent any missing semicolons in your css? have you inspected elements using chrome dev tools, or firefox equivalent?

MuhammadHamzaKhan
MuhammadHamzaKhan Recent Posts Threads Started
22 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 0-1 years
  • Pakistan
MuhammadHamzaKhan says

Hy Artzone !
The problem you’re telling is manly coming from CSS RESET. If you are using CSS RESET or using some plugins in which CSS RESET used, then you should place [ !importent ] after every property.

Example:
HTML ---------------------- <a href="#"></a> CSS --------------------- body{ font-family: 'robotoregular !important'; } a:hover{ text-decoration:none !important; }
140 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • United Kingdom
codeblvck says

No css reset should set body font, and css reset values can be overridden by your own tags depending on the hierarchy of your css properties. You should find out what values are overriding your css, instead of just using !important,

by
by
by
by
by
by