659 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • United States
luckykind says

So a small crayon box will do just fine… got it…

323 posts
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 7-8 years
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • United States
  • Won a Competition
shadow66142000 says
Here’s how the pricing flow works in the back room. GraphicRiver prices items based on quality, size, and complexity (also taking into account documentation and other important features). We have a formula for this, so there’s very little wiggle room for reviewers.

It makes absolutely no sense to say that items are based on quality and complexity and at the same time say there is very little wiggle room for reviewers.

2201 posts
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Exclusive Author
  • Netherlands
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
ArikB says
Here’s how the pricing flow works in the back room. GraphicRiver prices items based on quality, size, and complexity (also taking into account documentation and other important features). We have a formula for this, so there’s very little wiggle room for reviewers.
It makes absolutely no sense to say that items are based on quality and complexity and at the same time say there is very little wiggle room for reviewers.

Why is that? The formula accounts for the complexity and quality of a file. It’s thanks to the formula that I can reward quality and complexity in a consistent manner. So as a reviewer, you don’t need a lot of wiggle room if the formula already accounts for all the factors.

529 posts
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Beta Tester
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
+3 more
AmandaHackwith says

By little wiggle room, I mean to say we have formulas that say +$ for high resolution, +$ for medium complexity, high complexity, and so on. All the levels of complexity have carefully written definitions and marketplace examples that the reviewers go by. It is the review team’s attempt to make pricing as fair and non-discriminatory as possible. :)

323 posts
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 7-8 years
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • United States
  • Won a Competition
shadow66142000 says

I see what your saying however I have never felt that you can categorize designs within 3 categories of good, better & best. The site is still very new and I understand that it takes time to come up with the best practices.

1 post
lovey says

I’m new here, but I’m wondering why authors/artists aren’t allowed to set their own prices and let the market decide if the price is right? Or at least set some parameters such as images of x quality and size can be sold for $3 to $6 and let the artist decide. Thoughts?

951 posts
  • Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
  • Netherlands
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
Daan says

Well, that’d probably result in authors thinking that their product is so good, that a too high price would be set, resulting in a not-selling product, which doesn’t give any money revenue.

When you think your price is too low, just contact a reviewer (at least, that’s how it works on TF)

204 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 1 and 100 dollars
  • United States
parajuli says

@lovey because envato stands for ‘cheap but good’ so if the authors set it, they may set it high. And If you have a valid reason for increasing the size, you can just send the reviewer a message n state the reazon :D

by
by
by
by
by
by