R3GeneralDesigns Recent Posts Threads Started
92 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+2 more
R3GeneralDesigns says

Hello to all authors. Be aware of users that request you items that they not purchased from your portfolio saying, for example, they have an older version of the software that you used to create the template and is not possible for the user to open the file.

If the user have purchased your item, the word “Purchased” will appear besides his username on the comments of the item profile. I recommend all authors to ignore direct emails requesting templates, at least you did not check if the user have purchased your item.

Peace!

434 posts I love the web!
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+5 more
htmgarcia says

@R3GeneralDesigns thanks for advice!

This is very common, even some users ask for support for themes that they downlaoded from warez sites :D

651 posts SickFlyers.com
  • Has referred 1000+ members
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+12 more
INDUSTRYKIDZ says

Yea I had a few of dose guys lol always check if they purchase your files or not

and dont open anything they send you

3717 posts Community Moderator
  • Has referred more than 5000 members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+9 more
quickandeasy Volunteer moderator says

When a user purchases something from you and emails you via your profile page, a verification link will be included for you to click and find out for sure if they do own the item.

As far as I am aware, purchase ribbons will only show up on comments after they have purchased and remain vacant from comments left when the user did not own the item, although this may have changed.

336 posts Design Innovation
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
+4 more
designova says

When a user purchases something from you and emails you via your profile page, a verification link will be included for you to click and find out for sure if they do own the item.

As far as I am aware, purchase ribbons will only show up on comments after they have purchased and remain vacant from comments left when the user did not own the item, although this may have changed.

That’s it. Thank you quickandeasy :)

211 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+3 more
KBRmedia says

I’ve requested things on my other accounts before, which makes it look like I never purchased the product… mainly my mistake but I have so many accounts i can’t keep track of which ones has what products purchased. Same thing when I reply on an item I’ve purchased… many times on wrong account… looks like I never purchased the product. Be nice to group accounts so that this doesn’t occur.

Just wondering why people need to have multiple accounts?

2024 posts
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
  • Contributed a free file of the month
+8 more
revaxarts says

This is correct. If you ask something and haven’t purchased the item no purchase badge is displayed even you purchase it afterwards. Here’s an example of an item I’ve bought:

http://graphicriver.net/item/3d-object-wine-bottle/discussion/129792#comment_1643032
498 posts Code is Poetry
  • Has referred 50+ members
+3 more
egemenerd says

I got an email once saying ;

“Hi egemenerd, I am interested in your AboutMe – 3D Responsive Vcard & Portfolio Template , is it possible if you attach me your processForm.php, i just wish to take a look at how your contact form work before i purchase your template as i do not have much knowledge on contact form. I tried viewing your processform.php through your demo ,but it doesnt appear”

:)

20 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
+1 more
animonks says

“Hi egemenerd, I am interested in your AboutMe – 3D Responsive Vcard & Portfolio Template , is it possible if you attach me your processForm.php, i just wish to take a look at how your contact form work before i purchase your template as i do not have much knowledge on contact form. I tried viewing your processform.php through your demo ,but it doesnt appear”

LOL.. so that he can get the code for free? silly guys :P

1739 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
+2 more
gbs says

LOL and once you send the code, simply the guy disappears up in the air =)

by
by
by
by
by
by