• Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Elite Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • India
+3 more
VF says

Most irresponsible systems cares only about system’s safety at the cost of user’s loss. At least a warning/notice made 6 to 12 hours before removal will work positively for everyone. Considering the huge reaction time taken by Envato support, a 6 or 12 hour grace time isn’t a problem at all.

491 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Won a Competition
  • Referred between 1000 and 1999 users
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
+3 more
pixelentity says

I don’t know when the policy changed because we had similar issue with one item in the past (it was codecanyon though) and envato support contacted us before the soft disable. We demonstrated how the bug was not related to our code and the case was closed without the item being took offline.

BF

25 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • United Kingdom
ThemeSmack says

I haven’t slept for the last two days. Why? Because, I was waiting friendly (!) reviewrs to review the re-submitted item, if they reject. I was planning to re-submit with making changes all you know they can put new things on you. Yes, I was waiting for this because you know how much effort an author puts to an ultra-premium item.

We got back in the morning after 24 hours, but not in popular this time. Ridiculous things continue. They don’t respect us authors, they don’t care us!

It has been hours that I have opened a support ticket for popular items list issue. But not reply, I have tweeted, no reply. I have opened a thread no staff reply.

We are losing sales, clients and money. But who cares this? Why are you there? Why we are being behaved like dogs?

SOMEONE SHOULD SAY STOP TO THIS, WE ARE NOT SECURE.

5751 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Elite Author
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • India
+3 more
VF says

I don’t know when the policy changed because we had similar issue with one item in the past (it was codecanyon though) and envato support contacted us before the soft disable. We demonstrated how the bug was not related to our code and the case was closed without the item being took offline. BF

May be decisions being made according to level of paw / earnings. If that is the case, phew!

405 posts Code Is Poetry
  • Elite Author
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Europe
+3 more
gljivec says

@pixelentity this must be looooooong time ago :)

We also have 2 or 3 times item disabled without prior notice. I agree that if there is some issue with item, reviewers must take action, but first action should be warning to author and 12-24 hour time for fixing the issue.

491 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Won a Competition
  • Referred between 1000 and 1999 users
+3 more
pixelentity says

I don’t get the point of disable first, contact after. It’s not like authors receiving a mail like “Fix this or your item will be disabled in the next [TIME HERE]” from envato support would think “mmmmm … this must be a bluff, i’m not falling for it”

189 posts Quality Templates
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
ThemeRox says

Really very sad to hear that ThemeSmack. I think envato need to check the issue very seriously. This is our world and we have to make it suitable for us. So for we the authors are working together not only to make profit for us but also make a great product community. I love envato marketplace so personally I want that there will be no issue in-future that can make authors and clients unhappy. Thanks

94 posts
  • Exclusive Author
webTypo says

That’s bad, very bad practice, it shows only that there is no respect for the work and the author.

Else this would never happen without notice. This should be so self evident, there is just no reason acceptable for this.

Would worth million times more then updating the rating system, or any other change on the site that Envato is planning to roll out in the future.

Basic respect is missing here.

I wonder what would happen to envato if the top 200 authors would delete their items without notice and start selling it elsewhere.

btw. it seems that your item is back in the popular list, so envato just made you age 5 years in 24 hours. they were quick at least.

315 posts
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Europe
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Exclusive Author
SuggeElson says

If every time as i see bug in some envato site and had a power to disable it :) the entire network will be offline for long time :D

250 posts Mad Dog
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Referred between 500 and 999 users
+1 more
mad_dog says

Do not give up!

by