250 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
simnor says

I’ve been working on this design today: http://webdesign.simnorcomputing.com/themeforest/unpublished/simpleGeorgia.jpg

It’s not the most conventional design, I want it to look unique but I’m a bit worried it wont get accepted so before I continue work on it I wanted some opinions.

My plan is to release it with a number of colour options and the option to put the sidebar on the left or right (I like it on the right).

Opinions appreciated.

Thanks

2023 posts Review Manager
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Member of the Envato Team
+12 more
jremick Envato team says

I like it so far but there are a few things that I don’t think work. The article title and the logo look like they’re about the same size. When I first looked at it I wasn’t sure which one to look at first. I would reduce the size of the article title since the size of the logo works really well. You might also reduce the contrast of the article title a little.

Then the category titles in the sidebar are very high contrast and pull attention away from the main article content. When I’m trying to “read” the article I keep wanting to look at the sidebar titles. The content text in the sidebar is also about the same size as the text in the main content article so they challenge each other.

I would also reduce the size of the copyright info at the bottom. Anyway, it’s looking great so far though, keep it up! :)

698 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+10 more
segen says

I like the idea a lot.

63 posts
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in United Kingdom
dan888 says

I like it a lot…

2529 posts
  • Interviewed on an Envato blog
+11 more
JeffreyWay says

I like it! :)

250 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+3 more
simnor says

Brilliant, I’ll carry on working on it.

@xmdsys: I’m aware of all these point and this is why I wanted opinions because if I start making the changes you mentioned then it detracts against the unique look I’m going for. I want to make it so that the content is so much more important than anything else.

I do agree with the sidebar links/text detracting for the content so I’ll make it transparent to 50% or so and then when hovering over the unit it will change to 100%, I think that’d be nicer.

Thanks

StefanoGiliberti
StefanoGiliberti Recent Posts Threads Started
32 posts
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+4 more
StefanoGiliberti says

Nice

by