• Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Serbia
+1 more
urbazon says

I agree with you that the Bargain Basement could have been worded better and pitched differently. It was purposely removed however because the time and ‘money’ it took to manage was more than actual sales from the Bargain Basement collections. I think they were more popular with authors than buyers ultimately.

Thanks for the reply. I thought the reasoning behind cancelling Bargain basement was something like this, but wasn’t completely sure. Although, there still is that bit of uncertainty that’s left in the air: could’ve it been different if Bargain Basement was more adequately promoted? Maybe many buyers didn’t even know about it.

Maybe it still should find itself on list of potential features for the future, but this time to be more automated, in order to put the pressure of reviewers/staff who were maintaining it…?

Can you think of anything else along these kind of lines to increase item exposure?

Actually, I do. I suggested this one before and it seemed like justinfrench liked the idea, but it might be good if I mention it here as well.

The thing is, with us, authors with big/huge portfolios, portfolio pages are so messy and crowded that I guess potential buyers simply give up – if any buyer is actually browsing author pages at all. What I’d like to see on portfolio pages is a tree-like menu of categories and sub-categories to serve as a filter, just like the one we have on this page: http://audiojungle.net/category/all in the right-hand column, or like the one which appears on the search results page: http://audiojungle.net/search?utf8=%E2%9C%93&term=elegant+logo (also in the right-hand column).

P.S. It’s nice to see you’re “back” on the Forums ;)

2576 posts
  • Community Ambassador
  • Community Manager
  • Support Staff
  • Envato Staff
  • Has been a member for 7-8 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • Won a Competition
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • United States
+15 more
scottwills Staff says

Update: You can find out more about the status of search here. I know Michelle would love to hear from our buyers! :)

605 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • United Kingdom
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
Blinn says

Update: You can find out more about the status of search here. I know Michelle would love to hear from our buyers! :)

By the way, how’s the referral system discussion going? :)

It’s been a while since I heard anything about it.

by
by
by
by
by
by