41 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in Netherlands
nokiko says

Well this thread should either be closed or people should stay on topic more as the last x conversations had nothing to add other than interacting with the comments and remarks of one specific buyer

58 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Located in New Zealand
jamesmcd says

Yes this went off topic fairly quickly. One last thing. As a buyer who will hit the 500-999 purchased in the not too distant future, I would like to see a bonus for topping up. Maybe 100 topup gets 110 or even 120. That would drive loyalty. I have no idea how the referral thing works and I have no interest in it, so that won’t make me stay. Bonus to topups = KISS = keep it simple stupid! I’ll add that I buy a LOT outside Envato. There’s no particular loyalty or incentive.

1444 posts How's the surf doing?
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+6 more
tommusrhodus says

Envato could tie buyer rewards into badges, could offer marketplace credit for building up buyer badges, i.e “Got the 500-999 badge? Here’s $50 marketplace credit”

376 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
  • Won a Most Wanted contest
+5 more
QBKL says

Discount coupons. Either issued by Envato, or something that would involve authors too. Like earning the right to issue a 2-hour discount coupon for one item.

By earning I’m thinking like.. getting the right to issue such a coupon with every… dunno, XXX-th sale of an item.

This won’t generate unfair competition as new items have to e good quality to aspire at this opportunity (generate enough sales to get the chance). Top selling items won’t deal with unfair competition as they all get those 24-hour coupons. And in the end this would also benefit buyers.

A well thought out discount code system would be pretty neat.

3880 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has collected 500+ items on Envato Market
  • Nominated Community Superstar of the month
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+1 more
charlie4282 says

Envato could tie buyer rewards into badges, could offer marketplace credit for building up buyer badges, i.e “Got the 500-999 badge? Here’s $50 marketplace credit”

Great idea!

441 posts
  • Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+7 more
Jaynesh says

At this moment, I think the biggest reward for buyers would be a global shopping cart. A buyer should be able to go to multiple marketplaces and add items to their cart and checkout in one go. This can open up many possibilities in the future for rewards such as coupons, discount on bulk buying etc.

58 posts
  • Located in New Zealand
jamesmcd says

Bear in mind that as far as I’m aware, this is a very rare badge ;) I don’t think I’ve seen anyone with it? It does exist. I used Firebug to have a look!

376 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
  • Won a Most Wanted contest
+5 more
QBKL says

At this moment, I think the biggest reward for buyers would be a global shopping cart. A buyer should be able to go to multiple marketplaces and add items to their cart and checkout in one go. This can open up many possibilities in the future for rewards such as coupons, discount on bulk buying etc.

Completely agree. I’m just guessing that such a feature would have to be backed up by an improved design on the dated markets’ look and feel. Mobile experience is a nightmare.

58 posts
  • Located in New Zealand
jamesmcd says

I think there are a lot of buyers who complained about that $2 surcharge. Maybe Envato could do something about it for buyers who meet certain criteria. :)

Yes the surcharge is a nasty way to force loyalty through large top-ups. Don’t like it at all!

58 posts
  • Located in New Zealand
jamesmcd says

Also, and this might open up a can of worms, but a way to PM other members might be good :)

by
by
by
by
by
by