• Exclusive Author
  • Europe
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
+2 more
purethemes says

Actually – the guy who was reason behind this thread, is a 30+ and has his online CV with big header “Webdesign and Webdevelopment” in the middle, and he had rather long lists of clients.

And I don’t think it’s related to price of themes, people with more money in pocket could be as much annoying, and maybe even more demanding than now.

68 posts Siiimple
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • United States
Siiimple says

Almost always the most trouble I’ve experienced with customers have been those who are (so-called) web designers. They are, by far, the most aggressive and demanding – but also the most rude and unappreciative. I’ve always had mixed feelings about web designer buying the theme, pawning it off to their own client as their own work, then demanding any re-design or add-on from the original theme author – and if not 100% satisfied, they threaten a low rating or offer a bad review on the forums/comments.

Ultimately, I’ve had to focus on doing what I can – and not worry about satisfying every request and every demand. I try to help those who are reasonable and polite, and I almost always ignore those who try to push me on their own schedules or timelines. If they say ASAP , I don’t respond. If they say, “this is time sensitive”, I usually don’t respond at all. On the other hand, if they are polite and reasonable, I always respond and try to help out when I can.

64 posts
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
Diabolique says

I have 1 theme with 105 comments and about 40 comments are from 1 buyer :D He’s asking me for small modifications over and over. Today I opened TF dashboard and voila I see another question from this person, I bet tomorrow will be another question :D

There should be some limit of comments per each buyer.

1141 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
KarmaThemes says

I have 1 theme with 105 comments and about 40 comments are from 1 buyer :D He’s asking me for small modifications over and over. Today I opened TF dashboard and voila I see another question from this guy, I bet tomorrow will be another question :D There should be some limit of comments per each buyer.

I just checked his comments, how on earth do you manage to be so helpful to his obvious customization requests? You never told him his requests go too far, right? Even my stomach turned around as I read his comments… 
You give them one finger, they take your soul…

328 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • United States
CLINE123 says

@Diabolique, I can’t believe you didn’t stop at 5 and even that’s pushing it. I’m a buyer and I make some modification requests but that guy thinks you’re a sucker and you’re letting him. I can never in good conscience ask so much of an author.

2566 posts Put a Donk On It
  • Elite Author
  • United Kingdom
  • Exclusive Author
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
+5 more
ThemeProvince says

You should charge him. :)

3194 posts
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • United States
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
organicbee says

@Diabolique, I can’t believe you didn’t stop at 5 and even that’s pushing it. I’m a buyer and I make some modification requests but that guy thinks you’re a sucker and you’re letting him. I can never in good conscience ask so much of an author.

this is also the reason some buyers make such ridicules requests though, every author has different “limits” and many don’t really define what they will or wont do for support so many think its a required thing if one author has done something

2566 posts Put a Donk On It
  • Elite Author
  • United Kingdom
  • Exclusive Author
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
+5 more
ThemeProvince says

I have 1 theme with 105 comments and about 40 comments are from 1 buyer :D He’s asking me for small modifications over and over. Today I opened TF dashboard and voila I see another question from this person, I bet tomorrow will be another question :D There should be some limit of comments per each buyer.

Wow his comments on that theme stretch back 2 months. Sickening…

by
by
by
by
by
by