7427 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Located in Europe
+5 more
doru says

What I always find fun, in conversations where some people talk about disliking that the government takes part of your money, is that they every day enjoy the benefits of having a well functioning government :S

yes, people hate when the government takes they’re money when they should hate what the government actually do with those taxes. Instead of: “Oh, my god they take my money” they should be like: “Oh my god they use 1% for the people and the rest is stolen, used to make war in other countries, sustain private companies and the like”

Yeah, I’m quite sure.

The Federal Reserve Bank is a (special) “private owned” institution. i said special, because it can’t be compared with the normal private companies that we are familiar with.

The simple problem of our times is that people believe what some newspaper, book, school manual or other people say about something without looking at the actual facts. Those source of information may be biased, wrong or they are just repeating what other wrong source say. It is very hard indeed, and time consuming, to actually read and decipher legal documents and regulation, documents who were made on purpose very obscure from the beginning. Sometimes those documents are not even available to the public.

7427 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Europe
+5 more
doru says

hey hey HEY! look at that :)

wordpress people accepts bitcoins as payment

http://en.support.wordpress.com/bitcoin/ and http://en.blog.wordpress.com/2012/11/15/pay-another-way-bitcoin/
106 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
+3 more
KurtBilisim says

I am confused or should I say, not satisfied. People say it is untrackable but then it is said that everyone knows who the current owner of each bitcoin is. How come this is untrackable? It is open source so can’t you add codes to keep track of all that transactions?

504 posts Code is Poetry
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
egemenerd says

I am confused or should I say, not satisfied. People say it is untrackable but then it is said that everyone knows who the current owner of each bitcoin is. How come this is untrackable? It is open source so can’t you add codes to keep track of all that transactions?
https://www.weusecoins.com/questions.php
106 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
+3 more
KurtBilisim says

https://www.weusecoins.com/questions.php

Well I understand that you can’t track “each coin on its own” but still, all transactions are kept, and all the ownerships has to be kept. Somehow, I find it hard to believe it is untrackable. I think if government really wants to track them, they should be able to. How does the system keep track of ownerships? Don’t they store some type of IP or MAC ID or something? There’s the term “wallet”, how do you claim some wallet to be yours? Can’t you detect the transactions concerning a certain wallet. I don’t see why government can’t knock on your door claiming tax. Anyway, I guess I’ll just wait and see how it turns out…

405 posts Motion Graphics and Scrambled Eggs
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+6 more
smudgethis says

With the current down turn in the US economy, I would definitely welcome Bitcoin as an acceptable payment for the items within my portfolio.

3714 posts
  • Located in United Kingdom
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Won a competition
+8 more
ToivoMedia says

Nice to see Dorus old avatar. Rockin’ the rainbow gradient! :)

Singularity_Designs
Singularity_Designs Recent Posts Threads Started
63 posts
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Located in United Kingdom
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
+1 more
Singularity_Designs says

Bitcoins may work as reasonably good payment method since it is essentially a global currency, which should mean no currency conversion charges from PayPal and the like.

Maybe it could be an option that authors could opt in to rather than it be compulsory?

4282 posts Community Mod Building awesome stuff for your mobile devices!
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+14 more
Enabled Volunteer moderator says

This thread is 2 years old and attracting unnecessary spam! Locked! :)

by
by
by
by
by
by