4 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+1 more
StudioProspekt says

I am simply disappointed with graphicriver as the traffic and infrastructure that this marketplace has is immense. I really thought I could build a business here, one file at a time. I just simply will not succumb to what the reviewers are being told to look for. Which is flash, grunge, and urban and not restrained, iconic, and subtle.

Do you think that my latest rejection is “too basic” or that my chosen fonts need to be more “sophisticated”? Helvetica is not sophisticated enough? By these standards, Apple just needs to fire their entire marketing department.

Photobucket

This is graphicriver condensed

Photobucket

188 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
thomask3r says

Well, I can see what you’re trying to say, but it’s simply because you’re a little ignorant. The reason graphicriver rejects minimalistic files is because graphicriver is floating over by them. (simple designs). There is a huge need for something new, and that is the main reason minimalistic business cards and flyers are being ignored and rejected, even though they are good. If you do some research, you’ll find out which files are needed.

- Thomas

4 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+1 more
StudioProspekt says

Well, I can see what you’re trying to say, but it’s simply because you’re a little ignorant. The reason graphicriver rejects minimalistic files is because graphicriver is floating over by them. (simple designs). There is a huge need for something new, and that is the main reason minimalistic business cards and flyers are being ignored and rejected, even though they are good. If you do some research, you’ll find out which files are needed. - Thomas

If there is such a “huge” need for something new, then why are all the designs for all intents and purposes the same? I’ve seen your posts and if anyone is ignorant about design it’d be you.

102 posts
  • Has sold $1+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
adrijusg says

...or you can’t take criticism…

126 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
Pickoora says

Your business card is fine. I don’t see anything wrong with it. But honestly, there are only so many ways a minimalist design can be arranged before it appears similar to what has already been done before. Your card doesn’t really bring anything new to Graphicriver—-so what makes you think it will sell any more than the other recently published business cards on graphicriver?

You can see that most of the highest selling business cards are unique OR were unique at the time they were published. Even the most recent cards, despite being similar in their ways, have at least one point on which they can be said to be different. Please keep at it. Also, not intending to be harsh, but your attitude needs to change before you consider “building a business” here.

188 posts
thomask3r says

Well, I can see what you’re trying to say, but it’s simply because you’re a little ignorant. The reason graphicriver rejects minimalistic files is because graphicriver is floating over by them. (simple designs). There is a huge need for something new, and that is the main reason minimalistic business cards and flyers are being ignored and rejected, even though they are good. If you do some research, you’ll find out which files are needed. - Thomas
If there is such a “huge” need for something new, then why are all the designs for all intents and purposes the same? I’ve seen your posts and if anyone is ignorant about design it’d be you.

I’m not saying you’re ignorant about the design, I’m saying that you’re ignorant about what files graphicriver needs. And drop the attitude, you’re only making it hard for yourself. Why post a thread if you don’t want answers?

- Thomas

by
by
by
by
by
by