• Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Romania
Tiguan says

Hello everyone,

I’m new on TF as author(but old as customer :grin: ) , my very first theme is almost ready (after one hard rejection and two soft) but fail to validate my theme with W3C validator. I also noticed that the latest theme approved on TF cannot be verified using the W3C validator. Do you think this is a WC3 bug or what else? Just check yourself some new TF theme.

Thanks!

1673 posts Multimedia Artistry
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
dnp_theme says

Hello everyone,

I’m new on TF as author(but old as customer :grin: ) , my very first theme is almost ready (after one hard rejection and two soft) but fail to validate my theme with W3C validator. I also noticed that the latest theme approved on TF cannot be verified using the W3C validator. Do you think this is a WC3 bug or what else? Just check yourself some new TF theme.

Thanks!

Well it’s not a bug but could be something that’s more or less important, like warning level and critical level issues. The warnings can be ignored but the criticals cannot because can cause layout breaks or malfunctions later.

Another thing is: the issue could be outside the theme/template or some third party code, like social embeds or video embeds, they just don’t work 100% perfect and reviewers know this.

Welcome to the party :)

894 posts
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
infuse01 says

Hello everyone,

Thanks!

Well it’s not a bug but could be something that’s more or less important, like warning level and critical level issues. The warnings can be ignored but the criticals cannot because can cause layout breaks or malfunctions later.

Another thing is: the issue could be outside the theme/template or some third party code, like social embeds or video embeds, they just don’t work 100% perfect and reviewers know this.

Have you tried it out lately. I did, and it seems it isn’t working at all. I don’t get any report. The message is the same as the title of this thread.

28 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Romania
Tiguan says

Hello everyone,

Thanks!

I forgot to mention that last night everything was ok, but today, without making any change to my theme, the W3C validator refused to check my theme. Has anyone experienced something similar?

Thanks!

28 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Romania
Tiguan says

Back to normal now!

1673 posts Multimedia Artistry
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Exclusive Author
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
dnp_theme says

Have you tried it out lately. I did, and it seems it isn’t working at all. I don’t get any report. The message is the same as the title of this thread.

Look, I just tested my latest item demo and I got some errors obviously, but those are not related to the template, but to some demo only feature: the tools panel. Check this out

Look

894 posts
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
infuse01 says