6025 posts
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+8 more
VF says

legally, envato can’t do this since is not a payment system like paypal.

That’s the point. This is why one can’t withdraw their own deposits made on markeptlace; our markeptlace account differs from bank account. :D In some countries, even Paypal is not allowed to behave like a bank.

Anyway, continue discussions… :D

312 posts Codestar
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+7 more
Codestar says

-1 It’s not secure. If someone hacks your account they could do whatever. I like the way payoneer operates, even if someone logs into your account they can’t do too much without the card. If someone takes your envato account the worst could probably be buying random stuff over and over, which is reversible.

Yes, But this is a different subject totally :) and Surely him cannot escape with moneys from Envato :) or him can spend all money from account without a withdraw money.

legally? this is not a payment system. we can entitle this request as Donate for user to user :D

6025 posts
+8 more
VF says

legally? this is not a payment system. we can entitle this request as Donate for user to user :D

Just wondering if such feature available, will you withdraw that money along your own marketplace commission or do it separately. If you do it mixed way, it would be difficult to mange your accounts and maintain proof for source of income. A donation (as you call it) and earning can’t happen through single transaction towards your local bank ;)

312 posts Codestar
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+7 more
Codestar says

Just wondering if such feature available, will you withdraw that money along your own marketplace commission or do it separately. If you do it mixed way, it would be difficult to mange your accounts and maintain proof for source of income. A donation (as you call it) and earning can’t happen through single transaction towards your local local bank ;)

Yeah yeah, I agree you totally. that would be just lovely :)

40 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+1 more
sixthlife says

i think user to user transfer of money is not the point here, allowing partnerships officially is what is needed.

Example: user A partners with user B at a say 60:40 user A gets 60 percent in his account and user B gets 40 percent in his account. neat and clean isn’t it…

1407 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+4 more
IngeniousArtist says

i think user to user transfer of money is not the point here, allowing partnerships officially is what is needed. Example: user A partners with user B at a say 60:40 user A gets 60 percent in his account and user B gets 40 percent in his account. neat and clean isn’t it…

That’s the best idea i’ve ever heard! :D If we input the percentage of income it can be divided and sent to the accounts! :) like a co-owner of the items which would receive a part of the income..

6025 posts
+8 more
VF says

i think user to user transfer of money is not the point here, allowing partnerships officially is what is needed. Example: user A partners with user B at a say 60:40 user A gets 60 percent in his account and user B gets 40 percent in his account. neat and clean isn’t it…
That’s the best idea i’ve ever heard! :D If we input the percentage of income it can be divided and sent to the accounts! :) like a co-owner of the items which would receive a part of the income..

What about disputes, copyright issues and sale reversals! :D And how this will be handled in case item included to bundles. Will take lot of dev resources and testing to implement something like this – not sure if this will justify the benefits gained by involving authors!

Authors doing personal arrangements for sharing money would be few times simpler/flexible than system based arrangement. The primary issue is disputes; people do not take responsibilities as long as something governed by a medium. There are more chances for Marketplace getting blamed even for small misunderstanding between involving authors! ;)

1407 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+4 more
IngeniousArtist says

for this, i think a 50-50 option would be best :P

3714 posts Community Moderator
  • Helps us moderate the forums
  • Contributed a tutorial on Tuts+
  • Located in Netherlands
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+9 more
Joost Moderator says

Not only does this greatly increase the security requirements (as I doubt people would want to wait 15 days, like they do now, increasing the incitive for phishing attacks), it would bring along much more difficult legal problems. Money laundering for one, but VF hits on quite a big point with regards to income tax. When someone transfers money into your account, is it income? It is a gift? Where’s the invoice? Who’s docking VAT? I could sit here all day.

For Envato, this would be an immense investment in means of time and personnel. As they are a commercial company, there’s little reason to go through the hassle and costs without any gain. This would mean it would have to be really good PR and attract new buyers (which I don’t really see), or they would have to charge steep commissions. And then everybody’s back to using Paypal.

So, all in all, while I like the sentiment, it’s not realistic. Not even close.

EDIT: And then there’s the issue with Paypal’s transaction reversing. If Eve deposits money via Paypal, sends it to Bob via the Envato transaction systemâ„¢ and then reverses the Paypal deposit, who is to be duped? Bob? Envato?

Yes! This can all be handled without any user interference or any money being shifted around between users. Statements could simply include ‘40% of sale X’, and we would still only see money flowing from Envato to users directly related to sales. I like it. :) There’s the problem of initiating the partnership and agreeing upon a percentage, but I guess this could be done via some sort of mutual agreement scheme. Very much possible!

493 posts
  • Has referred 1000+ members
+8 more
pixelentity says

Individual authors taxes are not a matter envato must be concerned of: once you withdraw money from your account, whatever the source (sales, referrals, author to author transfer), it’s up to you to declare that income and pay the related taxes.

When a sale happens, envato transfers money from buyer account to author account and keeps a cut of it, authors can use their account money to purchase other authors items, when you consider how the whole thing works, author to author transfer would be no different from a cut free sale.

by
by
by
by
by
by