• France
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
MusicPremium says

Hi everyone,

we all know that the work done by the reviewers is very long and requires special attention to each item received, and they do it very well! That’s why the time of review is pretty long now and i’m not complaining it at all :)
But, as an AJ composer who works a lot with VH author making original track for their videos, I think there should be a special status for this kind of collab’ that does not require to wait that long.
Why?

- first, for the client who needs the track of the item he bought on VH. I think that waiting 10 days to get the track he wants for his creation is pretty long.
- then the author could lose patience and buy an other track than the one specially composed for the VH item and wanted by the VH author.

When an author contact me to compose something on his video, it’s always a pleasure to collab like this. Envato encourages authors to collaborate like this. But, any time i do it, i think that nothing is done by Envato to have a good synchronization on review and there is always one item on the two that is late. And it’s the better way to lose sales.
That’s why i think there should be a specific upload status for cross promotion that includes original composition only (because cross prom with existing track is not a problem of course).
Better exemple, my last collab’ with Ultinato. I composed a short logo for his video. VH time review is pretty short so it has been online sooner than me. He already did 51 sales but my track is still in review… Even though i uploaded it late, i have to wait like 5 days more to get the track online, and i think i’m going to lose like 80 sales because of that.

Well, I think this situation needs to be improved or at least paying attention and talk about it in order to facilitate the cross-promotion thing!
:)

Cheers

7204 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Beta Tester
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
+1 more
doru says

good and to the point idea.

scoringaudiogeeks
scoringaudiogeeks Recent Posts Threads Started
591 posts
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Finland
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Exclusive Author
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
scoringaudiogeeks says

Big bolded +1 on this! People usually buy audio sametime when they buy the Videohive-project. And since gap in release of Videohive-project and it’s audio file is +7 days it really affect on sales. We get emails from clients who bought videohive-project asking for audio then we just say sorry but you have to wait at least week to buy it…

1545 posts
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • United Kingdom
SoundFix says

I think the best way to do it would be for the reviewers to hold the first item (VH template) that gets to the review stage. Then somehow, when the second item is approved (music), the first is automatically ‘released’. There could be a tick box like, ‘Is this item connected with any other items waiting to be reviewed on the Envato marketplaces? If yes, please tick the box next to the correct marketplace and type the name of the item”. Then, both items could go into like a ‘hidden’ mode, allowing for the authors to exchange URLs and then click ‘show’ to release them to the front page.

Anyway, cool idea MP, I hope something like is put in place in the future :)

176 posts
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • France
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
StudioLeBus says

Yeah i agree ! i experienced the same sometimes and it’s frustrating !

The ‘Hold vh item while aj is accepted’ can be an easy solution…

212 posts
  • Elite Author
  • France
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
MusicPremium says

Yep Sam and Daniel, there are so many things that could improve the system of cross-promotion. Thanks for these ideas!
I don’t know if some staff members from Envato had already thought about that?
Thanks for letting us know :)

1551 posts
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Russian Federation
  • Exclusive Author
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
AndrVlad says

I agree about that this is the issue!

But I don’t think that any queue priority for music which is used in VH project is healthy idea. In general AJ and VH dependency is risky anyway. Imagine if VH author have his project approved and published but AJ item got rejected or soft-rejected. How would you prevend this from happend?

I believe audiojungle long review issue shall be solved within audiojungle itself only by hiring more reviewers or changing review process somehow to speedup.

Best Regards, Andrey

2613 posts
  • Envato Staff
  • Has been a member for 7-8 years
  • Football Contest Participant/Runner-up
  • United States
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Won a Competition
  • Support Staff
+16 more
scottwills Staff says

Most VideoHive authors use existing music from AudioJungle and not custom made music. With 100,000+ items to now choose from on AudioJungle, it makes better sense for the VH author to use an existing AJ track. That way, the music is ready to use and no delays from either party will occur.

If customization of the existing track is still required (let’s say, a 30 second edit of a 1 minute track), the AJ author can create the edit and have it reviewed/updated almost immediately (typically within 24 hours, usually a lot less) and both AJ & VH authors can still work efficiently and effectively.

Just my personal take and advice on the main question being asked here, but if a VH author still insists on wanting a brand new “commissioned” track by an AJ author, be prepared to have the new AJ item approved first in your project timeline. Don’t release the VH item until the AJ item is ready. It’s a lot simpler than having to change any system processes internally that may only affect a very small percentage of users. That’s not to say the suggested idea is unimportant, it’s not, but it’s a much more realistic approach that results in the same win-win for everyone.

It’s going to save and remove a whole lot of time, concern and anguish about whether the new item gets approved or not if the VH author simply uses an existing item.

Again, just a personal piece of advice / common sense that I hope helps address what’s really being asked here. :)

472 posts Think pink.
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Won a Competition
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Referred between 500 and 999 users
  • Exclusive Author
+1 more
pinkzebra says

I have done a few collaborations and there has always been great communication between the VH author and myself about exactly how to time the release. In all cases, I uploaded the music first and gave the VH author updates so that they could time the upload of their item to create a release within a day of the music release. It has worked well so far. Did you guys discuss how to best time your releases?

by
by
by
by
by
by