30 posts
  • Italy
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
diamondlayers says

When your template is rejected due to lack of uniqueness, it means it looks generic, but it doesn’t mean it looks bad. It looks similar to other templates but using different fonts and color, it is more like a re-skin. So, make it to look like others will not lead to an approval.

- Work on the visual hierarchy, - Where is the search field? - The content area is messy, try to work on the element placements. - Low contrast, tiny font size and overused of white space do not make it become a minimal design. It will only lead to a generic and plain outcome.

Hope this help.

Thanks for your comment, with all respect but i think that as you said earlier there is no problem with design, but there is with not spending enough time on reviewing process. how an item could be generic when it has 25 unique skins? could you please give me a description of genuineness?

30 posts
  • Italy
  • Exclusive Author
diamondlayers says

only problem I see is thats its Drupal …dohhh :D
What a good reason, maybe i need to establish drupalforest.com
30 posts
  • Italy
  • Exclusive Author
diamondlayers says

i thought this is great theme, i know the effort in the making of Drupal theme, especially with many features! keep try friend! ;)

Thanks dude, i think that we need to migrate from themeforest.

54 posts
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
coatsrc says

I personally think that this is a great looking theme. Plus I like how you include tons of features for the user.

However, I can kind of see how the reviewer may see this as generic. There are certain elements that are overly used. For example your header looks similar to that of the Wordpress theme called Metaverse (in terms of organization). (The logo is positioned on the left, navigation underneath with a gradient, social links, contact # on the right) In addition, your javascript hover effects are similar to that of many others on Themeforest. So maybe check out some other types of effects.

I believe there is huge potential in this. One thing I would suggest that I dont see much on here is what I like to call “breaking from the stupid rectangle” We as designers are so used to working in a little box but we never ask ourselves why we have to design that way.

My suggestion, look at websites that gets out of the box, and even breaks the grid a tiny bit. Maybe that will help.

1429 posts
  • Envato Staff
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Senior Reviewer
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Exclusive Author
+10 more
kailoon Reviewer says

When your template is rejected due to lack of uniqueness, it means it looks generic, but it doesn’t mean it looks bad. It looks similar to other templates but using different fonts and color, it is more like a re-skin. So, make it to look like others will not lead to an approval.

- Work on the visual hierarchy, - Where is the search field? - The content area is messy, try to work on the element placements. - Low contrast, tiny font size and overused of white space do not make it become a minimal design. It will only lead to a generic and plain outcome.

Hope this help.
Thanks for your comment, with all respect but i think that as you said earlier there is no problem with design, but there is with not spending enough time on reviewing process. how an item could be generic when it has 25 unique skins? could you please give me a description of genuineness?
Doesn’t look bad != look good

Skins – I am not the reviewer for this theme, so I am not sure what type of skins it provided. But if you are referring to color skins, even you provide 100 color skins, it is still just a re-skin by changing colors/type, it has nothing to do with the uniqueness.

30 posts
  • Italy
  • Exclusive Author
diamondlayers says

I personally think that this is a great looking theme. Plus I like how you include tons of features for the user.

However, I can kind of see how the reviewer may see this as generic. There are certain elements that are overly used. For example your header looks similar to that of the Wordpress theme called Metaverse (in terms of organization). (The logo is positioned on the left, navigation underneath with a gradient, social links, contact # on the right) In addition, your javascript hover effects are similar to that of many others on Themeforest. So maybe check out some other types of effects.

I believe there is huge potential in this. One thing I would suggest that I dont see much on here is what I like to call “breaking from the stupid rectangle” We as designers are so used to working in a little box but we never ask ourselves why we have to design that way.

My suggestion, look at websites that gets out of the box, and even breaks the grid a tiny bit. Maybe that will help.

many thanks for your suggestions,

by
by
by
by
by
by