Spring has sprung and it’s time to spruce up your profile page! Has it been a while since you last updated your information and avatar? Feel like you could do a better job at aligning your brand?
On the Marketplaces, your profile page is an important part of overall brand identity. Enter this competition and make sure your profile page represents your work in the best way possible!
The 3 best profiles will be judged on SEO, design and overall presentation.
What’s up for grabs?
- The winner will win $50 Marketplace credit, an Envato Moleskine and pen.
- Two runners up will win $25 Marketplace credit each.
- Include a screen shot of what your profile looks like “before” and “after” in this thread.
- You have until 12pm on the 25th of March CST to clean up your profile.
Want to get involved but need some tips to get started? Our SEO and branding guru Saijo has some great suggestions to help you.
Profile Page Tips:
There are multiple ways to go about customizing your profile page, the main thing you need to think about is, ‘what do you want to get out of it?’
- a) Do you want to use it as a landing page with ONE clear call to action, like driving people to the most recent or popular item?
- b) would it be a platform for visitors to connect with your brand?
Either way some of these tips will help you standout from the rest …
1) Design with the characteristics you want people to associate with your brand.
Professional? Fun? Friendly? What do you want people to think about then they see your profile?
2) You don’t need to be on every social network.
Pick the platforms you are active on and use only those channels on your profile page. I don’t understand why people add a link to their twitter profile that has not been updated in over a year. It’s a simple rule if you are not active on the network it has no place on you profile. Cross link between these networks for optimum results.
3) Personal / Professional Branding:
It’s a good idea to show some personal branding especially if you work in a team. Linking out to an active staff member’s social media account with good quality images (a good headshot of the person) creates a more personalized experience
4) GIF it up!
If you want to use a gif your profile page (remember we don’t allow them as avatars) please use it wisely. Whilst funny cats are cute to look at, think carefully about whether they have a place on your profile page or connected with the brand.
5) Talk yourself up .. but don’t lie.
Have you won a design award? Were you interviewed by a famous site or newspaper or are you an Elite author? All these things are great trust signals that can go on your profile page, just make sure they are all true.
6) The best advice I can give you, is to have a consistent brand image / name.
You want consistency in how you market your brand to the world and your profile isn’t any different. Use the same name, logos and profile pics across the board. It will help people identify your business across the different networks.
7) Use healthy amount of text on your profile so Google can crawl and index your profile page and rank them for relevant keywords.
It also helps to link out to some of your best items on the marketplaces.
8 ) Make sure you watch your image performance:
Adding high resolution images can mean slower loading times for your profile page. Read this article for more details and tips.
Good luck everyone! Remember to post your “before” and “after” images in this thread before 12pm on the 25th of March CST.
50$ for Prize?
Come on Envato Increase this Then it maybe interesting
i was thinking of doing that but i was too lazy… this is just the inspiration i needed
yep, because it’s all about style.
I’m in; 13 days to go.
I like my current profile and no plans to change it. Can i have before=after to participate?
Best regards, Andrey
i like kontramax’s profile, awesome GIFs
NICE! its a wake-up call for old profile pages like mine!
- Please read our community guidelines. Self promotion and discussion of piracy is not allowed.
- Open a support ticket if you would like specific help with your account, deposits or purchases.
- Item Support by authors is optional and may vary. Please see the Support tab on each item page.
Most of all, enjoy your time here. Thank you for being a valued Envato community member.