• Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has referred 500+ members
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
StevenGliebe says

I’ll add one more in case there ends up being a demand:

Multimedia Item

I’ve worked on a couple church themes and for publishing sermons I use a multimedia CPT with fields allowing for Audio, Video and PDF . The taxonomies cover Category, Tag and Speaker. By using generic names (Multimedia instead of Sermon and Speaker instead of Pastor, for example), non-church websites have used the theme for presentations and teaching of various types.

389 posts
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+5 more
EugeneO says

These standardized custom post types are long over due. If they ever materialize I would be very interested in using and supporting them in my theme. However, how useful they would be to buyers would depend on how many other theme authors (both in this marketplace and further afield) also choose to use them. I think the very first step would be standardizing the custom post type names and taxonomies. This is something maybe the WordPress team should have done when they first introduced custom post types.

751 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+1 more
CyberShot says

A field to display the larger image in a lightbox

707 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+2 more
ChillThemes says

Perhaps some fields similar to the results you get from wp_get_attachment_metadata, would be useful for Photographers.

A field to display the larger image in a lightbox

Isn’t really necessary since you can get the largest image uploaded using WordPress’ wp_get_attachment_image_src function.

32 posts
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
dyspersion says

Thus far, the proposed fields for the portfolio plugin are:
  • date
  • url
  • client

You shouldn’t need a date field. Every post already has a date field, you should use that.

Also, if you’re going to handle Portfolio items, then you’d have to account for the different types of items, whether they be pictures, video, audio items, magazine articles, etc…

Scott

3 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
icanlocalize says

You might be interested to know that Types plugin might be a good start to build exactly what you’re looking for.

It has an embedded mode, which lets you use it in themes. This way, you can design the portfolio CPT and the required fields using the plugin version, export the settings and include the embedded version in your theme.

The embedded version will declare the CPTs and taxonomies and setup the meta boxes in the post edit screens. There’s also a full API for rendering different types of fields.

158 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
+1 more
greenshady says
You shouldn’t need a date field. Every post already has a date field, you should use that.

We just need to know which fields we need, and “date” is one of those fields. The implementation isn’t really that important at this stage.

You might be interested to know that Types plugin might be a good start to build exactly what you’re looking for.

To me, something like that is overly complex for what I need to do. I think I’ll pass on using it. It’s a cool plugin though.

815 posts
  • Contributed a free file of the month
+3 more
rvision_ says

Thus far, the proposed fields for the portfolio plugin are:
  • date
  • url
  • client

Date field is there just in case publish date differs from it. Let’s say you’re adding a portfolio item for a job you did in last 3 months.

Also, if you’re going to handle Portfolio items, then you’d have to account for the different types of items, whether they be pictures, video, audio items, magazine articles, etc… Scott

CPT Taxonomy can be used for that.

104 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has referred 500+ members
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
StevenGliebe says

Also, if you’re going to handle Portfolio items, then you’d have to account for the different types of items, whether they be pictures, video, audio items, magazine articles, etc…

I think more than a taxonomy would be needed. I suggested a video_url field earlier since it is very common to add YouTube, Vimeo, and other remotely hosted videos to portfolios. An audio_url for MP3 ’s could also be a consideration. It’s simple and the user would have the freedom to use an uploaded file or external source.

815 posts
  • Contributed a free file of the month
+3 more
rvision_ says

I think more than a taxonomy would be needed. I suggested a video_url field earlier since it is very common to add YouTube, Vimeo, and other remotely hosted videos to portfolios. An audio_url for MP3 ’s could also be a consideration. It’s simple and the user would have the freedom to use an uploaded file or external source.

Sorry for misunderstanding, this is how I see it:

- post formats should be used for video/images/audio etc.

- magazine article should be taxonomy

by
by
by
by
by
by