177 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+2 more
conceptcoding says

I was going to make this slightly more bulletproof but I threw this together for _freshface and I’ve not really got the time to extend it much futher. It takes your statement and spits out a reformatted one into another .csv file. It should be fairly straightforward to use though.

http://pastie.org/788894

3726 posts Community Moderator
  • Helps us moderate the forums
  • Contributed a tutorial on Tuts+
  • Located in Netherlands
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+9 more
Joost Moderator says

Good job, conceptcoding! How would you suggest going about adding all the statements in one file together as well? ;)

1877 posts YOU TOUCH IT YOU BUY IT
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+6 more
FRESHFACE says

Yeah, good job Thomas! Thank you very much for taking the time for it :)

@Joost I just copy paste the outputs into one excel file.

3133 posts
  • Located in Australia
  • Helps us moderate the forums
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
+16 more
dtbaker Moderator says

Having all the juicy details locked up in a string makes out of the box excel processing not possible. Dev’s should keep the string representation of the statement item there if they want, but split out the good stuff into new columns like “rate” “sale amount” “sale/widthdraw/etc” “item name” and “item_id”

the date isn’t too hard to parse, excel should be able to recognise it. if not, then a Y-m-d H:i:s would be perfect.

431 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Located in Australia
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+9 more
john says

Hey guys.

The statement CSV is how it is for no real good reason, other than that’s how it got built originally. And it’s a bit tricky to change (in its current form)

Over the past few months however, we’ve been making a lot backend changes in how our accounting system generates reports internally.

There’s still a bit more work going on behind the scenes, but when it’s all finished it will be much easier to produce more meaningful account statements – and we’ll be pretty open to suggestions (within technical feasibility) on how that data comes out.

If you’ve noticed we’ve been sluggish on API change requests and issues with the statements, it’s largely because the backend code supporting these bits have been in flux.

1877 posts YOU TOUCH IT YOU BUY IT
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+6 more
FRESHFACE says

Thanks John for taking the time to wrote it up for us, I really appreciate it! I understand it’s hard to make any changes in this phase of development. Good luck with the Envato monster :)

@GlennMcKeown:
:P

by
by
by
by
by
by