• Has referred 1000+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+8 more
TylerQuinn says
LandonWilson said
TylerQuinn said
The iPhone releases at infinite circle just wont be the same… Jobs was a huge part of the hype train and why even I liked some of their products being a die hard windows user who has owned every iPhone and both iPads.
He’s still going to be the creative mind, he just isn’t going to be the “CEO”.

I know, but who wants to watch Tim Cook release the human-cent-iPad and speak of how magical it is. Not me!

1479 posts The right tools with none of the gimmicks
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+6 more
PixelBin says
TylerQuinn said
LandonWilson said
TylerQuinn said
The iPhone releases at infinite circle just wont be the same… Jobs was a huge part of the hype train and why even I liked some of their products being a die hard windows user who has owned every iPhone and both iPads.
He’s still going to be the creative mind, he just isn’t going to be the “CEO”.
I know, but who wants to watch Tim Cook release the human-cent-iPad and speak of how magical it is. Not me!

I can assure you it will be Steve who makes the announcements till he kicks the bucket as he is the iconic face behind Apple.

5346 posts The Dude Abides
  • Located in United States
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
+9 more
CodingJack says
Joost said

Always fight the good fight my friend.

556 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
+4 more
ThemeScience says
41 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
JWells says

I can guarantee that the change of CEO will not lead to a change of position regarding Flash on iDevices. I can’t say I blame them – Even Adobe’s internal tests showed that Flash usage caused the iPhone 3GS (which normally has 10+ hours of battery life with constant video playback) to drop to a dismal ~1 hour and 30 minutes. That’s simply unacceptable.

Even when using a desktop computer, fully flash-powered sites are something I avoid. They’re usually slow, clunky, don’t support things like Find in Page, and generally offer a poor user experience. Yeah, they might be pixel-perfect on each platform, but that’s too large of a sacrifice in my eyes. I’ll stick to HTML , CSS, and Javascript even if they aren’t as flashy or technically capable.

Anyway, that’s not what this thread is about.

I think Apple will continue on just fine. It won’t be the same without Steve being at the forefront of the company, but I doubt Apple will fall into a nosedive as it did with John Sculley as CEO in the 90’s.

556 posts
+4 more
ThemeScience says
JWells said
I can guarantee that the change of CEO will not lead to a change of position regarding Flash on iDevices. I can’t say I blame them – Even Adobe’s internal tests showed that Flash usage caused the iPhone 3GS (which normally has 10+ hours of battery life with constant video playback) to drop to a dismal ~1 hour and 30 minutes. That’s simply unacceptable.

Even when using a desktop computer, fully flash-powered sites are something I avoid. They’re usually slow, clunky, don’t support things like Find in Page, and generally offer a poor user experience. Yeah, they might be pixel-perfect on each platform, but that’s too large of a sacrifice in my eyes. I’ll stick to HTML , CSS, and Javascript even if they aren’t as flashy or technically capable.

Anyway, that’s not what this thread is about.

I think Apple will continue on just fine. It won’t be the same without Steve being at the forefront of the company, but I doubt Apple will fall into a nosedive as it did with John Sculley as CEO in the 90’s.

That’s because the iPhone is all Show and no Performance. It just looks/acts cool.

The other devices all work GREAT with Flash.

Personally, I think Apple should have made a better product, and then Flash would be fine! The simple fact is … that Flash is too powerful for the iPhone.

915 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 7 years
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+6 more
michaelhejja says
codempire said
That’s because the iPhone is all Show and no Performance. It just looks/acts cool.

The other devices all work GREAT with Flash.

Personally, I think Apple should have made a better product, and then Flash would be fine! The simple fact is … that Flash is too powerful for the iPhone.

I wouldn’t say the iPhone is ALL show, but your main point is true. There are already a ton of Android devices that support Flash in the browser just fine. The performance argument will be a moot point soon. Jobs knows that – which is why he timed his FlashRant when he had the chance.

41 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
JWells says

Actually, I think it has more to do with the fact that up until a few months ago, the Mac port of Flash was really, really lackluster (and very processor intensive). Because of the similarities between iOS and OS X , Adobe likely based the iOS port on the old, bad OS X codebase, thus producing a badly performing port.

Android, on the other hand, inherited from the Linux port of Flash which wasn’t in quite as bad of shape.

I really doubt it was due to a lack of hardware power.

Thankfully, the Flash OS X port has improved dramatically over the past few months. The fact that it has improved so much, however, leads me to believe that Adobe previously wasn’t putting as much effort into the iOS/OSX versions of Flash as they should have been.

2057 posts
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
Landonw says
codempire said
New CEO is thinking about Making Apple Printers. http://www.theonion.com/articles/new-apple-ceo-tim-cook-im-thinking-printers,21207/

You know The Onion is a comedy news network? You’re just trying to trick people.

556 posts
+4 more
ThemeScience says
LandonWilson said
codempire said
New CEO is thinking about Making Apple Printers. http://www.theonion.com/articles/new-apple-ceo-tim-cook-im-thinking-printers,21207/
You know The Onion is a comedy news network? You’re just trying to trick people.

Your right! It was a Joke. How dare I do something so terribly wrong?

by
by
by
by
by
by