50 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • United Kingdom
telecast says

Hi, I’m about to upload a rather dense project which does seem to exceed 500mb. Really don’t want to compromise on quality and have also seen several projects been uploaded lately nearly 900mb in size. So what’s the trick ? :) Many thanks!

281 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
  • Beta Tester
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
johnnybd says

Hi, I’m about to upload a rather dense project which does seem to exceed 500mb. Really don’t want to compromise on quality and have also seen several projects been uploaded lately nearly 900mb in size. So what’s the trick ? :) Many thanks!

It says 500mb, but its actually 1gb limit :) Peace buddy. P.S Looking forward seeing that project!! :)

50 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • United Kingdom
telecast says

It says 500mb, but its actually 1gb limit :) Peace buddy. P.S Looking forward seeing that project!! :)
Oh, Thanks a bunch Johny for such a prompt reply. Really good to know. Keep tuned mate :)
583 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
+4 more
flashato says

Oh, Thanks a bunch Johny for such a prompt reply. Really good to know. Keep tuned mate :)

There is no official announce on this.
I know some exceptions have been made for some unique files, but something I m sure is that if your project exceed the 500 mb limits,and your assets are not properly compressed, your the project could be soft/rejected I guess.
Also the quality of your project must justified this.
I find my self to reduce the size of the video tut, and offer an HD version somewhere else in order to decrease the project file size.
Don’t assume that it s ok the exceed the 500 mb limit just because some projects have been approved.
Peace and good luck ! :)

4901 posts
  • Senior Reviewer
  • Support Staff
  • Envato Staff
  • United States
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 7-8 years
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
+6 more
MarkBrodhuber Staff says

Right now we do make exceptions for files that are clearly in need of a higher maximum limit. If it’s noticeable to the reviewers that you’ve made attempts to get the file size down, using good compression methods and proper placeholder support, we’ll approve it. But if you’re just providing a few assets in full, uncompressed animation formatted videos, we’ll usually soft reject and ask you to work on the file size.

Two side-notes.. When you do plan to upload more than 500MB, use the FTP uploader as you may end up spending a lot of time waiting on the web form only to find out it broke somewhere along the way. And also, we’re looking at increasing the size across the board. More info should be provided in that department soon :).

50 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • United Kingdom
telecast says

Oh, Thanks a lot guys, good to know! Have shrunk the size down as much as I could.

by
by
by
by
by
by