• Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Egypt
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
im_ahmad says

is my theme still not ready enough, I feel boring, and want to know should I try again or give up and leave themeforest?
I improved typography and spacing, also changed all the graphics and icons, addes sidebars to all pages, with full page width option.
what should I do more ?
http://themes.a-salah.com/kalabala/

173 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
  • United Kingdom
kungfu-themes says

I have to admit it is getting better, but it is still far from ready.

I would recommend putting a portfolio sorting, make the text in the blog left aligned.

Style the blog a bit more (i.e author and date settings, include an option for a right or left side bar.)

65 posts I'm Ahmad, since 1989
  • Egypt
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
im_ahmad says

I have to admit it is getting better, but it is still far from ready.

I would recommend putting a portfolio sorting, make the text in the blog left aligned.

Style the blog a bit more (i.e author and date settings, include an option for a right or left side bar.)

okay, I aligned blog to left added side bar to blog page, added meta info icons, I will add portfolio sortin, is this everything to get accepted ? what should I do more, I think this will be the last time to try submitting my theme, next time I will give up :(

173 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
  • United Kingdom
kungfu-themes says

No this will not be enough either.

I would also add a lightbox such as pretty photo.

edit** Sorry I see you are using fancybox, I didn’t notice this.

On the portfolio section it would be wise to edit your .css to have two options. One that opens up a light box and one that links directly to your post.

Additionally, the two red arrows left and right to move to the next post do not look good in responsive mode. They look great in normal view but responsive doesn’t work.

Do that and I think you should be extremely close. Then it would just be a case of maybe throwing in a premium slider such as revolution slider or layer slider.

A page builder would be great but it might be too difficult for you to integrate at this stage.

331 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Europe
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
dekciw says

Still not there. Have you considered replying to your topics instead of creating new ones everyday?

2152 posts
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Argentina
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
manuelvega says

lol , @asalah , if u are boring why not start other template? I’ve had to throw a lot of themes , its a good experience , design / code .. Perhaps you are more inspired with other kind of theme .. always is good to have several projects in case one is not work

• Egypt
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
im_ahmad says

Still not there. Have you considered replying to your topics instead of creating new ones everyday?

Sorry for this, I will post everything as a reply to this post :)

• Egypt
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
im_ahmad says

No this will not be enough either.

I would also add a lightbox such as pretty photo.

edit** Sorry I see you are using fancybox, I didn’t notice this.

On the portfolio section it would be wise to edit your .css to have two options. One that opens up a light box and one that links directly to your post.

Additionally, the two red arrows left and right to move to the next post do not look good in responsive mode. They look great in normal view but responsive doesn’t work.

Do that and I think you should be extremely close. Then it would just be a case of maybe throwing in a premium slider such as revolution slider or layer slider.

A page builder would be great but it might be too difficult for you to integrate at this stage.

can you please visit the theme now and tell what is missing :)

• Egypt
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
im_ahmad says

lol , @asalah , if u are boring why not start other template? I’ve had to throw a lot of themes , its a good experience , design / code .. Perhaps you are more inspired with other kind of theme .. always is good to have several projects in case one is not work
I know, and I need this experience, but first I need to have one wordpress theme accepted to feel any hope
4 posts
  • Exclusive Author
punkwaka says

Give a different font a try, use different font sizes and weights, variation in type is very visually appealing and directs the eye.

If you invest some time studying typography it will payoff in any composition you create. Its like color theory, if you understand how colors will work together you create a harmony visually.

The type needs to have a certian flow. Display fonts need to carry thier own weight (pun intended) while displayed in larger point sizes. This means the characters themselves need to be of good proportion and form. It becomes a composition itself when used that large. Note the difference between points, picas, pixels and em. Note when they are used and why.

copy fonts or what you use in smaller sizes to display bodies of text dont need to be so sophisticated on thier own but have thier own flow, they need to aid the eyes in proper movement. This is why publications have always used serif fonts, these are the fonts that have feet. They do give a more classic look but were created for reading. If you must use a sans-serif font for copy it needs to have a balance visually that makes it easy to read. (Kerning) Character spacing, leading (the space between lines of text) and how condensed the font is all factor into how readable it is at small sizes.

Understanding how to use fonts properly really changes the whole design drastically, but its also very subtle, subconcious even.

spend some time studying typography as a design element itself, you wont regret it.

Also if you are willing to give up that easy you wont learn to master design, or even gain proficiency.

start with Helvetica, study its history, its parent font and compare this to say Times New Roman. even 1 hour doing this will give you a base to jump off of.

http://coding.smashingmagazine.com/2011/03/14/technical-web-typography-guidelines-and-techniques/
by
by
by
by
by
by