• Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • Bosnia and Herzegovina
nemanja_reMAKE says

Why is VideoHive becoming more stock footage place rather then After Effects template place ? I mean, you open front page and every day there is maybe 10 after effects projects and 30 footages. I don’t have nothing against footages but they should have their own place on marketplace. I really think that too many stock footages are bad for business for us AE users. I upload new item and has been on front page for 5 hours, and now after 5 hours it’s probably gone from it while I’m writing these down. There was sooo many complains about this issue from us AE users here on forum and I don’t know why support or who ever is in charge for that is not doing anything about that. It’s a simple math. AE templates bring more money for Envato then stock footage so why then you are not listening to our wishes. Come on Envato it’s christmas please make our wishes come true :P

404 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • United States
GhosTeam says

I’m 100% with you on this one…
Even the description next to VideoHive says “Motion Graphics”.
I’m a video photographer myself and I don’t upload any videos since I don’t think it’s the place for it.
I think it’s time for -—-> “FootageIsland” !!!!!!!!!!

4795 posts
  • Community Superstar
  • Elite Author
  • Community Moderator
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Beta Tester
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
+6 more
felt_tips Volunteer moderator says

Maybe it’s getting that way. But I still feel on balance that it brings in interest.

The reason that there’s more of it is the same reason that there’s little stock footage of a really high production quality. There’s more of what’s quick to produce.

I personally think that Videohive should be creating a market for stock in the $50-$150 range. Then we’ll start seeing some interesting stuff. At the moment, no-one’s going to put together an $8K shoot, for the possibility of selling 4 $5 files.

ColorfulUmbrella
ColorfulUmbrella Recent Posts
Threads Started
271 posts
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • Turkey
ColorfulUmbrella says

Why is VideoHive becoming more stock footage place rather then After Effects template place ? I mean, you open front page and every day there is maybe 10 after effects projects and 30 footages. I don’t have nothing against footages but they should have their own place on marketplace. I really think that too many stock footages are bad for business for us AE users. I upload new item and has been on front page for 5 hours, and now after 5 hours it’s probably gone from it while I’m writing these down. There was sooo many complains about this issue from us AE users here on forum and I don’t know why support or who ever is in charge for that is not doing anything about that. It’s a simple math. AE templates bring more money for Envato then stock footage so why then you are not listening to our wishes. Come on Envato it’s christmas please make our wishes come true :P

Im an author for stock footage. And I agree with you.

ColorfulUmbrella
Threads Started
271 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Turkey
ColorfulUmbrella says

There are some authors. They are selling footage and AE templates or Motion Graphic. They are exclusive author. If envato build a new stock footage marketplace; what will they do? New account or new exclusivity? For example: An author selling products on 4 marketplace. Is that mean 4 exclusive account?

(Can it be a problem for me? Because I will make some AE Templates and motion graphic work.)

42 posts
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
Mikka says

Every single day I enter at videohive i ask my self that question! Stock footage are submerging our designs. I’m with you guys :)

1477 posts
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Russian Federation
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
AndrVlad says

Either option is ok for me. Looks like it´s a dream here so i am fine to give ae autors few extra sips of fresh air of front page exposure and 1-2 extra spaces in the monthly top authors page.

Have a great holidays!

Best regards Andrey

176 posts
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Poland
Hikari-Pictures says

Im 100% agree with you guys. But there is nothing that we can do about it. And Envato will just simply say that stock footage and motion graphics are from same basket.

I wish it would be like when I was making my 1st steps here, almost 90% of motion graphics in uploads. Now when I see something like this http://videohive.net/item/winter-tree-04/3608716 I dont know should I laugh or cry :/ Whats that ? I can go out from my house and produce 50 like this in 15 min. But Im not doing this… This marketplace is going down…

301 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Netherlands
motionvids says

Im 100% agree with you guys. But there is nothing that we can do about it. And Envato will just simply say that stock footage and motion graphics are from same basket. I wish it would be like when I was making my 1st steps here, almost 90% of motion graphics in uploads. Now when I see something like this http://videohive.net/item/winter-tree-04/3608716 I dont know should I laugh or cry :/ Whats that ? I can go out from my house and produce 50 like this in 15 min. But Im not doing this… This marketplace is going down…

Is there no review team for Stock Footage?

ColorfulUmbrella
Threads Started
271 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Turkey
ColorfulUmbrella says

Im 100% agree with you guys. But there is nothing that we can do about it. And Envato will just simply say that stock footage and motion graphics are from same basket. I wish it would be like when I was making my 1st steps here, almost 90% of motion graphics in uploads. Now when I see something like this http://videohive.net/item/winter-tree-04/3608716 I dont know should I laugh or cry :/ Whats that ? I can go out from my house and produce 50 like this in 15 min. But Im not doing this… This marketplace is going down…

? think you must not give name or item link for despicable…

by
by
by
by
by
by