327 posts UnitedMotions
  • Located in Turkey
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
+9 more
Balistique says

Check out Vh’s main page and new items section. I think this is not fair. How long does it take a stock video shoot ?! and how long it takes to make a project ?!

http://videohive.net/

this is not fair…

5095 posts
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Helps us moderate the forums
+11 more
felt_tips Volunteer moderator says

Been discussed a million times, Balistique. But when there’s a bulk upload like this, it’s not only unfortunate if you upload a big project, it also gives a pretty dull impression of the site.

I don’t supposed it’s going to get changed though.

I would also point out that producing high quality shot material is much more time consuming and much more costly than producing After Effects projects. You need expensive equipment, lighting, a space, insurance, transport, a team, talent, release forms etc. etc. etc. You can expect an outlay of several thousand dollars, to just get going.

I’m not talking about filming trees with a DSLR using natural light of course. That’s pretty easy.

-f.

327 posts UnitedMotions
  • Located in Turkey
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
+9 more
Balistique says

Sorry for that felt, I did not search it. I was just angry about that.Anyway you can lock if you want.

856 posts Nicely done
  • Member of the Envato Team
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
+9 more
MotionRevolver Envato team says

I think this is a topic worthy of a serious discussion. Regardless of the fact of how expensive a professional video shoot can be, bumping out the more expensive AE projects for $5 footage clips isn’t good for the author or VideoHive.

I mentioned this in the “Sales” thread, but it might be beneficial to divide the New Items section into 3/4 AE projects and 1/4 stock footage. If the New Items section becomes overloaded with cheap video clips, it seems fairly detrimental to sales.

Everyone knows the first few days of an AE project’s life is crucial, and if exposure is cut short by a $5 video clip, I’d certainly be frustrated.

5095 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Helps us moderate the forums
+11 more
felt_tips Volunteer moderator says

It’s a good suggestion, Motion. But that too has been put forward several times before. It just seems that there’s no real will to do it, and I suspect that it’s because it’s a site wide change. The thing is though that sites selling very different types of media need very different kinds of websites and I think it’s high time that the various marketplaces had a greater degree of customization, whilst still sticking to the core Envato layout and functionality.

Videohive needs to customize its template! :D

-f.

265 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+3 more
SubsonicDesign says

Deleted

30 posts
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Located in Bulgaria
+2 more
roddinthemighty says

Just noticed that my project did not even make a full 24 hours on the first page… so sad…

Curse you generic businessman with no face, I hope you spill coffee on your fancy suit!

856 posts Nicely done
  • Member of the Envato Team
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
+9 more
MotionRevolver Envato team says
felt_tips said
...I think it’s high time that the various marketplaces had a greater degree of customization, whilst still sticking to the core Envato layout and functionality.

Absolutely!

We’re running out of earthly locations to name marketplaces after. The only themes that haven’t been covered are something sky or space-related.

Maybe we need to separate the footage out into a new marketplace called “FootageMountain” or “FootageCloud”.

It’ll never happen, but it would be nice! I can only imagine the process that would go into separating out the stock footage into it’s own site. That would be a major undertaking that I’m sure Envato would rather not tackle unless absolutely necessary.

roddinthemighty said
Just noticed that my project did not even make a full 24 hours on the first page… so sad… Curse you generic businessman with no face, I hope you spill coffee on your fancy suit!

LOL , at least you have a sense of humor about it. But in all seriousness, less than 24 hours on the front page would make me quite upset. I know how important exposure is at the beginning.

265 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
+3 more
SubsonicDesign says

What I’m afraid of is that those Photodune professionals notice that Videohive has a category for stock footage. I’m sure that at least some of them have stock footage (because many stock photo sites sell footage too) and when they start to upload here, we are screwed!

2351 posts Small, but tough
  • Has referred 500+ members
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+9 more
EFEKT_Studio says

My last project was 1,5-2 days on the front page, tops.

by
by
by
by
by
by