• Exclusive Author
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
+3 more
Balistique says
Newbold said
An easy way to solve this problem would be to change the default from “All’ To “After Effects”. People who look for footage will generally search for specific footage anyways.

+1 That’s it…

225 posts
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
VinhSonNguyen says
Newbold said
An easy way to solve this problem would be to change the default from “All’ To “After Effects”. People who look for footage will generally search for specific footage anyways.

+1 Definitely agree!

23 posts
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Serbia
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
NenadZivanovic says
Newbold said

+1

4893 posts
  • Senior Reviewer
  • Envato Staff
  • United States
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • Attended a Community Meetup
+5 more
MarkBrodhuber Staff says
Newbold said

That basically suggests that you know stock footage buyers won’t want to see footage, as they’d know to dig deeper. But After Effects buyers don’t dig deeper and need it in the front? As I said before both buyers do tend to not use the front page whatsoever and just because one section is a bigger seller, doesn’t mean we’re going to discriminate against other sections. I’m not exactly sure why you guys feel Stock Footage authors don’t deserve the same amount of exposure as you guys do?

4792 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Community Moderator
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Beta Tester
  • United Kingdom
+5 more
felt_tips Volunteer moderator says
MarkBrodhuber said
Newbold said
That basically suggests that you know stock footage buyers won’t want to see footage, as they’d know to dig deeper. But After Effects buyers don’t dig deeper and need it in the front? As I said before both buyers do tend to not use the front page whatsoever and just because one section is a bigger seller, doesn’t mean we’re going to discriminate against other sections. I’m not exactly sure why you guys feel Stock Footage authors don’t deserve the same amount of exposure as you guys do?

They definitely deserve the same amount of exposure, but I think it’s true to say that stock footage gets uploaded in a very different pattern to projects, sometimes 20 at a time, which can give the impression that it’s taking over somewhat.

I think that part of a solution to this, as the front page new items become less and less important is to provide a new high-exposure place that authors can get to with their files. As you know, I’m a big advocate of expanding the “featured” section and making it much more prominent. An added incentive to produce that killer file.

1802 posts Videohive author & moderator
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Community Moderator
  • Referred more than 2000 users
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
+7 more
Mocarg Volunteer moderator says

Current quality of stock footage on Videohive is nothing special… Anyone with a nice camera and 10 minutes to spare can do it… While for AEP you need a lot more… That is the only reason why i think “we” deserve more time on the front page.

5 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • United Kingdom
Newbold says
MarkBrodhuber said
Newbold said

It was just a suggestion, a suggestion approved by a few that are the cogworks behind video hive too it seams.

As Mocarg says:
Current quality of stock footage on Videohive is nothing special… Anyone with a nice camera and 10 minutes to spare can do it… While for AEP you need a lot more… That is the only reason why i think “we” deserve more time on the front page.

However i have no files up yet and dont really know the ways of videohive.

,Tom

by
by
by
by
by
by