• Beta Tester
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 7-8 years
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
  • United States
BrianCoyDesign says

With the large influx of bulk files from some authors recently the market appears to be supporting stock images.

I a bit confused as to how this marketplace selects some files to include and what not to include. I could fill a post with tons of link to files that appear to be stock oriented and not really have a value for use in creating other projects for clients.

I recently had a file rejected which has no different from any other files of its type. And I was told that it was stock imagery.

I’ve had to send links to reviewers to get items accepted by showing that what I have is the same as other items approved. With no changes they then get excepted which takes forever to get items on the marketplace.

I’m one who voted for a separate vector marketplace. Can someone explain how items (like tattoos or holiday items) aren’t stock images.

I’m very disappointed by the inconsistent message that the marketplace seems to be sending and how reviewers seem to have very different ideas on what the marketplace is or is not.

I think we need clarification.

81 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
sillybarbarian says

I agree with you. I think that vectors should be a part of another marketplace and include such categories as T-Shirt templates, isolated objects etc. It’s pretty hard to search through graphicriver for vector files because all the random graphics pop up.

The idea is both good and bad, I think that a marketplace just for vectors might fail like 3Docean.

368 posts
  • Football Contest Participant/Runner-up
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Beta Tester
  • Europe
Mirtt says

I don’t think vectors need a new marketplace,instead envato should give more space to exclusive authors.

1033 posts
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Referred between 1000 and 1999 users
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Exclusive Author
  • Czech Republic
+1 more
survivor says
Mirtt said
I don’t think vectors need a new marketplace,instead envato should give more space to exclusive authors.

+1 that should be great ;)

995 posts
  • Author had a File in a Mini Bundle
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
mudi says
survivor said
Mirtt said
+1 that should be great ;)

+2

308 posts
  • Beta Tester
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 7-8 years
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
  • United States
BrianCoyDesign says

I just really want the marketplace to be consistent on what they approve and don’t approve. I hate the need to have to prove that a file fits the marketplace.

844 posts
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
  • Germany
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
chrisatlemon says

hi all,

I’m new here so this is my first post. :)

I do not have enough experience here to really comment on the consistency argument. But what struck me is huge flood of logos I found to be available from some authors. There seem to be companies just flooding the marketplace with literally hundreds of logos.

While there is nothing wrong with the logos as such I think it takes away from the exclusiveness of this marketplace. So while I’m not 100% sure we need a separate vector marketplace (where would an all vector or web banner go? – I think that would be confusing) I do think it may be good idea to have a separate Logo market Place.

Just my $.02

Cheers

Chris

27 posts
  • Slovakia
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
hrivis says

Mirt Absolutelly agree with you!