413 posts
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has referred 1+ members
+4 more
realthing says

Please someone has to explain to new authors that are not allowed to upload files based in well known tutorials from the net. In this case (take a look in the latest cinema 4d files ) it looks like the author just make a copy paste from greyscalegorilla.

5173 posts
  • Provided great contribution to our forums
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
+12 more
felt_tips Moderator says

Yep… based on tutorials is specifically not allowed. Especially since the tutorial you’re talking about was (I believe) based on a mograph designer’s work.

Copy of a copy of a copy.

243 posts
  • Has sold $1+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Provided great feedback to improve the user experience on Envato Market
  • Pulled off some great moustache to raise money or awareness for Movember Australia
+4 more
glutenfree4u says

lol, I know what you mean, the work should be original, or at worst a new take on a common idea, but NOT created with your web browser open to your fav training website.

4908 posts
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Member of the Envato Team
+9 more
MarkBrodhuber Envato team says

If you believe a file to be copied from a tutorial or other artist’s work, please report it to support so it can be investigated.

61 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+1 more
FrameWerk says

I was actually fairly surprised that made it through, although some people are not familiar with GSG ’s site perhaps. Speaking of which I remember a few months ago when Video Copilot released a new tutorial for a cool title effect, then later that evening I turned on a very popular live talent show here in the UK and they had used the Video Copilot tutorial for all of the titles no more than 12 hours later, the cheek!

5173 posts
  • Provided great contribution to our forums
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
+12 more
felt_tips Moderator says

I was actually fairly surprised that made it through, although some people are not familiar with GSG ’s site perhaps. Speaking of which I remember a few months ago when Video Copilot released a new tutorial for a cool title effect, then later that evening I turned on a very popular live talent show here in the UK and they had used the Video Copilot tutorial for all of the titles no more than 12 hours later, the cheek!

Are you sure it wasn’t the other way around? My experience of TV production is that decisions are simply not made that quickly, whereas most, if not all of Videocopilot’s tutorials are based on some piece of already existent visual effects or motion graphics.

47 posts
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+1 more
dijihane says

Please someone has to explain to new authors that are not allowed to upload files based in well known tutorials from the net. In this case (take a look in the latest cinema 4d files ) it looks like the author just make a copy paste from greyscalegorilla.

Yeah thats what I cant stand. Authors must understand diffference between inspiration and copying files.

1042 posts Massfocus
  • Has referred 500+ members
+7 more
Massfocus says

Are you sure it wasn’t the other way around? My experience of TV production is that decisions are simply not made that quickly, whereas most, if not all of Videocopilot’s tutorials are based on some piece of already existent visual effects or motion graphics.

True, its a bit of a grey area. Most of the effects seen in big tutorial sites are mostly if not all a copy of some effect or motion design that was created earlier by a big studio for TV or Motion pictures. I guess you can use the effects but in a different manner and with your own style put into it.. But like most of these threads, it is one with many speculations and little hard answers.

And the file that was accepted recently was a hard copy of a tutorial i must admit. If the author made a similar one but adjusted the effect and added some personal stuff i might reconsider it but as it stands i don’t see that it is legit to accept these kinds of files.

1620 posts I create things I wish existed
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Won a competition
+8 more
cyzer says

which exactly projects did copy the tutorials ? I am curious. Can anyone send me a pm with links ?

413 posts
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
+4 more
realthing says

Even if Mark advice me to report this file, I send a personal mail to the author hoping that he will understand that this isn’t the best way to start in this community.

by
by
by
by
by
by