• Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
  • Beta Tester
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Canada
Nitro_Themes says

Thanks Jonathan

I did optimize the images, I think i will have to do an ajax loader to separate the pages since it’s a single html page.

What were the errors because i fixed most of them except the ones in the jQuery plugins that i use.

Cheers

Lester

738 posts
  • United States
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
Jar says

I do animated templates but at least they look different than the other 1000 files. Nothing wrong with animated content.

The problem is that this Parallax craze is making people not coming up with unique designs. To me all these templates look the same.

Some look nice and cool but i think i have seen enough of these templates.

My last template i submitted got rejected for taking to long to load and i have seen many of these parallax templates load the same.

Check it out and you be the judge:

http://lementstudios.com/fotografico

Cheers

Lester

I’m on a fairly average laptop (by today’s standards) with an i5 and 4GB RAM, and that took a while to load, and on top of that felt pretty sluggish once it was loaded. Have you tried it from a slower computer?

2263 posts Bird is the word..
  • Elite Author
  • United States
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
+3 more
jonathan01 says

Thanks Jonathan

I did optimize the images, I think i will have to do an ajax loader to separate the pages since it’s a single html page.

What were the errors because i fixed most of them except the ones in the jQuery plugins that i use.

Cheers

Lester

It would be best for you to open dev tools in chrome / safari and firefox and check thru so you can determine what needs to be done in all honesty – also using safari you can see what is taking long to load, how long, how many resources you’re calling etc and start to optimize to reduce the weight. Hope that helps.

Jonathan

429 posts
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 1000 and 1999 users
  • Europe
readactor says

when i see a template with “parallax” name i just move on. the good thing (yet) is that the simple things area remain uncrowded.

5 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 0-1 years
  • United States
cdesign71 says

From a business point of view “parallax & scroll animate” screams desperation, not to say that if I see my processor jump to 20% or that is loading in background, I bounce right away.

327 posts just a random dude...
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
+1 more
trendyWebStar says

Is it me or is every single theme lately a One-page Parallax theme. For god-sake they all look the same. They are SO BIG! I mean, some look nice and all but not all of my clients are Photographers (actually, none of them are). - What ever happened to smaller, boxed themes. You know, Minimal designs? which by the way, when I search for Minimal, I find them tagged as minimal but they still have SOO MUCH!, I know I can remove some of these and customize myself but, I don’t know. I guess I just needed to vent a bit -- Oh, feels much better! :-)
+1 Thank You :D
2162 posts
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Exclusive Author
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
  • Beta Tester
  • Canada
Nitro_Themes says

I do animated templates but at least they look different than the other 1000 files. Nothing wrong with animated content.

The problem is that this Parallax craze is making people not coming up with unique designs. To me all these templates look the same.

Some look nice and cool but i think i have seen enough of these templates.

My last template i submitted got rejected for taking to long to load and i have seen many of these parallax templates load the same.

Check it out and you be the judge:

http://lementstudios.com/fotografico

Cheers

Lester
I’m on a fairly average laptop (by today’s standards) with an i5 and 4GB RAM, and that took a while to load, and on top of that felt pretty sluggish once it was loaded. Have you tried it from a slower computer?

Hey Thanks for the comment

Yup i tried it with a duo core, i5 and an i7 and a quad core and it was fine.

Cheers

Lester

174 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • India
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
GraphiTivity says

Thanks Jonathan

Cheers

Lester

It’s taking forever to load mate… and i couldn’t agree more with this post! I’m getting tired of seeing same pattern in every theme.

612 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
ChapterThemes says

The most annoying thing about like 9 out of 10 of such themes is that they all scroll like shit.

The scrolling experience is just SO bad it makes me wanna leave the site immediatly.

Stupid scrollbar customization makes it even worse too..

323 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
familychoice says

From a business point of view “parallax & scroll animate” screams desperation, not to say that if I see my processor jump to 20% or that is loading in background, I bounce right away.

Reminds me of the old ‘blink’ tag we used to have in the 90’s. Gimmick central.

I bounce away when I see yet another ‘flat’ design, problem is that’s about 90% of themes these days.

by
by
by
by
by
by