31 posts
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 0-1 years
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
owwwlab says

I agree with the idea here. Animations are like a knife, you can cut an apple or cut your finger!

There is something else I want to mention here, guys, whenever you want to use an animation on an elemetn JUST STOP IT and ask yourself, “Does this specific animation add some meaning to the page?” if it does not, then drop it.

323 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
familychoice says

I guess the idea is to show that a theme has the facility to provide this if needed, along with lots of other rubbish most people won’t use such as animated icons and content sliding in when the page is scrolled.

And then of course you always have to cater for clients tastes – once mine see the parallax thing they’ll all want it, and completely ignore my advice that’s it’s a distracting gimmick. So I’ll buy a theme or plugin with it and they can look at it until they realise it’s completely naff and useless and ask me to switch it off again.

3747 posts
  • Won a Competition
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Exclusive Author
  • Spain
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
+5 more
pezflash says

I agree with the idea here. Animations are like a knife, you can cut an apple or cut your finger!

Interesting analogy! :)

5729 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Elite Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • India
+3 more
VF says

There is something else I want to mention here, guys, whenever you want to use an animation on an elemetn JUST STOP IT and ask yourself, “Does this specific animation add some meaning to the page?” if it does not, then drop it.

Do you mean we have to do only rollover animations? :D

j/k

by
by
by
by
by
by