324 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
NikolaSusa says

This is how it goes (at least in my case): Envato sends US Dollars > Skrill converts it to Serbian Dinars > bank converts it to Euros; Result – s** loads of money ‘disappears’.

952 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Won a Most Wanted contest
+3 more
aleluja says

^ open bank account in dollars. Nothing disappears then :)

538 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
+2 more
Farley_Design says

To be more precise, set Skrill to US Dollar as default and use Dollar/Euro (devizni tekuci racun) account. That way no money gets lost on the account of conversion. Only fee I pay is Skrill’s, bank doesn’t take anything :)

324 posts
+2 more
NikolaSusa says

Yeah, i need to open a new account in order to change currency.. >.> Well payoneer, here i come.

100 posts
  • Won a Most Wanted contest
  • Located in Ukraine
+2 more
PolygraphMusic says

Skrill: when they mark your account as merchant then they’ll apply much more higher fee
Yep! After they consider your account as a “business account”, they apply ~4.0% fee for non-European customers!

So, it’s not so sweet as they tell you when you open your account….

455 posts
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
Nissim_Payoneer says

Yeah, i need to open a new account in order to change currency.. >.> Well payoneer, here i come.

Thanks for considering Payoneer.

For anyone looking to withdraw funds from Envato services to their bank account, our Global Bank Transfer Service is an excellent solution.

We support transfers to more than 200 countries, in over 50 currencies. We are fully localized in over 80 countries, which means that we’ll actually send your funds from a local bank in your country, in your local currency. The cost per transfer is only $2.99 per local currency transfer, and $15 per USD SWIFT.

Envato pays you in USD, and we convert funds to your local currency, so there is only 1 conversion. We use rates of up to 3% above the official mid-market rate, and only 2% for 6 major currencies (EUR, GBP, CAD, AUD, PHP, and RON).

You can read a bit more about it, and also see what the sign up process looks like, here: http://blog.payoneer.com/lower-fees-for-payoneers-global-bank-transfer-gbt-service/

Nissim | Head of Community at Payoneer | www.payoneer.com

3 posts
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+3 more
handart says

I am using Skrill account. same problem. they have deducted Reapair fee $208 without cause. and they will be terminated my account, already i am not sending money no other ID. please help me how can i get rest of the amount from skrill??

743 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Located in Hungary
+2 more
aron66 says

Use paypal. Zero extra shts.

1005 posts
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Contributed a free file of the month
+6 more
greenline says

I’m also using PayPal since 2010 and never had issues with them.

I also wanted to open a bank account in dollars and then transfer the Envato earnings directly to that bank account, but I heard that the fee in this case is 50$, so I think this is the choice when you earn a high amount monthly ….for me PayPal remains the best option.

857 posts
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Interviewed on an Envato blog
+5 more
MoeHaydar says

After seeing this thread I decided to check my skrill account to see if i faced such stuff. It turns out I did!
I received money yesterday and I found out that skrill took $5 for them. I checked all my records and this wasn’t the case before. This year I had about 15 people transferring money for me. Only the last one saw this unusual fee stated!
Also I checked my withdrawals to the bank $60 were missing!

Unfortunately paypal isn’t an option for me. I also know that paypal has also trust issues!

by
by
by
by
by
by