• Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
baklach says

Hi,

I was just digging around, trying to find some info on choppy/jagged tween. All say that the changing the tween engine to better one will fix, problem is that it doesn’t matter, btw talking about AS3 tween. The problem is that no frames are dropped and it is not performance problem, setting frame rate to 60 removes the “bug”, i noticed this on all tween engines. From time to time it gets choppy, the thing is that the ease type solves the problem, some how. Tried to make the tween to move only from pixel to pixel to have no half or 0.3 or 0.7 pixels, it some kind of made the tween smooth, but still it gets jagged/choppy after a while. I though maybe the memory gets full and the frame rate drops, but nope, it always stays 30 – 29.9 fps and the 30 fps always gives out that damn “bug”. I see this almost everywhere, not only on my file, i tried on 3 different PC, (no MACs at hand). CPU usage is 0-1% while inactive and 5-6% while using the tween on my file, almost the same on other. So I don’t think it is the CPU load problem. The cure is to change fps to 60, but weak CPU will just crash :( I even tried the Tweaser” , in fact it drops the frame rate :) Do you know anything about this? Or is this just me, maybe i am getting crazy? and nothing is happening and my eyes are lying to me :D

Thanks for Your time!

P.S. If the tween runs continually no bug appear, it come out when tween is decelerating then starts again, like scrolling a thumb gallery or something like that.

186 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • United States
scottrockers says

What are you looking at that is so choppy? and what is the tweening engine are you using?

Scott

4136 posts
  • Brazil
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
tsafi says

Well i don’t understand exactly the choppy/jagged tween (maybe you can submit example) but just remember most tween engine are using enter frame handler to move stuff around……

132 posts
  • Exclusive Author
baklach says
What are you looking at that is so choppy? and what is the tweening engine are you using? Scott

Well i am looking at, at first on my file, a thumb gallery which is being scrolled horizontally, for the second files that are here at AD, i see the same thing as i see on my file. exept my file only contains a thumb gallery/scroller nothing more. i tried caurina Tweener, TweenLite and mc.tween by adobe which is, lat’s just say, not good at all. :)

Well i don’t understand exactly the choppy/jagged tween (maybe you can submit example) but just remember most tween engine are using enter frame handler to move stuff around……

http://teelt.am/activeden/test/

Here the example. this one is with tweener.

I gone crazy, definitely, it now seems so smooth. :confused: :D

4136 posts
  • Brazil
  • Exclusive Author
tsafi says

CPU is great.

You should change your ease type should solve it, not all ease type run smooth base on the math sin/cos curve angle. Also are you using bitmap (Array) to hold your thumb`s?

Also I am not a big fan of changing frame rate base on function at the end line there are more function you will need to handle, and since i am sure you want to apply this app` on AD you never know what the end buyer integrate this app base on frame rate, think universal if it`s for AD app`

132 posts
  • Exclusive Author
baklach says
CPU is great.

You should change your ease type should solve it, not all ease type run smooth base on the math sin/cos curve angle. Also are you using bitmap (Array) to hold your thumb`s?

Also I am not a big fan of changing frame rate base on function at the end line there are more function you will need to handle, and since i am sure you want to apply this app` on AD you never know what the end buyer integrate this app base on frame rate, think universal if it`s for AD app`

Thanks for help tsafi!!!! This is my first file in AS3 :) Just one question what You mean? Also are you using bitmap (Array) to hold your thumb`s?. Array, You mean, do i convert them to bitmaps? Yes i do, but why use array for?

Thanks!

1675 posts Envato Elite Author
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Exclusive Author
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Europe
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
+1 more
Tean says

http://teelt.am/activeden/test/

Here the example. this one is with tweener.

I gone crazy, definitely, it now seems so smooth. :confused: :D

Not sure what you mean by choppy, but your tween looks fine to me.

4136 posts
  • Brazil
  • Exclusive Author
tsafi says

Forget about the Array.

What I meant there are tow way’s to hold you container thumbs image(shape,sprite,movieclip) second… many use it here to hold there thumbs with bitmap (if you using it ) many think that bitmap smooth is a magic or something like that .

In general holding image with bitmap on the Tween there is a jagged effect sometime depending on your code.

But again, i think your thumb are OK just change the ease type .

Ho I forget to say welcome to the AS3 la famiglia ,we are building here an Italian AS3 mafia welcome bro` :P

132 posts
  • Exclusive Author
baklach says
Forget about the Array.

What I meant there are tow way’s to hold you container thumbs image(shape,sprite,movieclip) second… many use it here to hold there thumbs with bitmap (if you using it ) many think that bitmap smooth is a magic or something like that .

In general holding image with bitmap on the Tween there is a jagged effect sometime depending on your code.

But again, i think your thumb are OK just change the ease type .

Ho I forget to say welcome to the AS3 la famiglia ,we are building here an Italian AS3 mafia welcome bro` :P

Thanks so much for help :) I love la famiglia AS3 :D

Thanks guys!!!

by
by
by
by
by
by