1571 posts AEdorde.com - After Effects Projects
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has referred 1000+ members
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
+9 more
dorde says

If somebody want to buy same item 1000 times, why not? It’s great for envato, for author and for buyer. Buyer can say that he need 1000 licences.
For money transfer it’s not good idea for author, because envato took 30-50% depending of author’s rate. I was using freelancer.com for money transfers before payoneer, fee is 10%. Freelancer’s life is much easier with payoneer.

I can’t remember when I had an item on Weekly Top Sellers list, but I’m very satisfied with my sales. For me that list is not that important.

Maybe sounds like that I’m on one side in this situation. No, I understand both sides. Sounds legal, but not fair. How envato can know why same buyer bought same item more times?

5219 posts
  • Helps us moderate the forums
+11 more
felt_tips Moderator says

Because I never saw a forum post on those themes.

Then you haven’t been reading the forums long enough. Most of what you mentioned above has been discussed to death on the forums, and in some cases, decisions have been taken by Envato staff on the matter in response to the thread.

The argument that the world is unfair, therefore one is justified in acting unfairly doesn’t really doesn’t cut much ice with me, I’m afraid.

Let’s wait and see what Envato staff makes of this issue.

• Front page exposure – luck of the draw. Evens out over time. Same for everyone.
  • Follow / unfollow behaviour – very annoying. Don’t ever follow someone back who employs this method. May even be counter-productive.
  • Posting on the forum – A lot of time and effort and doesn’t boost sales.
  • Personal intros – Decision from Envato about a year ago that this is fully allowable, even encouraged.
  • Banner on Aetuts – Don’t know about that. Does it really say that? I’ve never seen that.
327 posts UnitedMotions
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+8 more
Balistique says

Balistique and you want to tell me that someone else who is not in TOP can’t pay for ads? They can pay but they must wait in a row for 100 years because everything is reserved.

I can’t see any row there !

293 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in Europe
+2 more
ivezicm says

Sale all those things that you mentioned does not change the fact that what you did was wrong.

To make it understand more – if everyday in school one window is broken it does not changes the fact that if you break the door it will be ok. Got it?

5219 posts
+11 more
felt_tips Moderator says

Balistique and you want to tell me that someone else who is not in TOP can’t pay for ads? They can pay but they must wait in a row for 100 years because everything is reserved.

That’s the same for everyone. There is no special treatment for top authors as far as I’m aware.

70 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has referred 50+ members
+2 more
Sale says

ivezicm can you understand that I can charge money for my work in the way I want? Got it?If you or someone else have problems with videohive purcshases (50 purchases from one client to be counted as 1) then contact support. It’s not my fault because clients can purchase many copies. And also some elite authors here talk like they are angels,and not so long time ago they had copyright problems. Sorry for bad english.

327 posts UnitedMotions
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+8 more
Balistique says

@ Sale We’re not angel but also we’re not cheater ;)

70 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has referred 50+ members
+2 more
Sale says

Congratulations,you are elite author with copyright problems in past ;)

5219 posts
+11 more
felt_tips Moderator says

Okay chaps… this is turning into a slagging match. And it looks like we’re going round in circles. I don’t like to have to do it, but I’m going to get the big, jingly-jangly keys out and lock this one.

I’ll open a new thread up when there’s an official announcement on the matter from the powers that be. :)

by
by
by
by
by
by