623 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
ChapterThemes says

I just gotta say this, i really hate that stupid author downrating while i give my buyers 200% support, and i really mean: 200% support.

There should be a system where they have to give in a reason or something and the author can protest!

Well, that’s it, i’m not going to pay attention to that stupid downvoting anymore :)

493 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+1 more
wopethemes says

I think buyer will not rate your item base on your support. they rate base on item quality :D

2445 posts
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+3 more
digitalimpact says

I think buyer will not rate your item base on your support. they rate base on item quality :D

One word: false.

I’m support for 3 Elite authors and believe me, some people are just scumbags. Some, very few but enough to hurt ratings, will try to get as much custom work as possible from your support services. Some of these people will even be so called “agencies” or “freelancers”.

And if you tell them to hire someone for custom work, because support cannot cover everyone’s customization needs, guess what… ;)

On topic: a better ratings system is loooooong overdue…

623 posts
ChapterThemes says

But i mean the author rating, not the item rating. Item rating is fine, but besides that you have a separate author rating on your profile page.

To me that’s a rating you deserve with good support

493 posts
+1 more
wopethemes says

I’m support for 3 Elite authors and believe me, some people are just scumbags. Some, very few but enough to hurt ratings, will try to get as much custom work as possible from your support services. Some of these people will even be so called “agencies” or “freelancers”.

And if you tell them to hire someone for custom work, because support cannot cover everyone’s customization needs, guess what… ;)

I don’t say every rating made by item quality , some of item quality , some of support.
I had 5 rating and I just support 3 guys

623 posts
ChapterThemes says

I don’t say every rating made by item quality , some of item quality , some of support.

Yeah, but you have a separate rating for you as an author. So that’s not a rating depending on your item. Maybe an item is great but your support is really bad, or the other way arround.

138 posts
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+4 more
x4er0 says

the best customers is – in priv message “awsome theme” “I like your theme” “all work good” etc… and giving 1 star :D

34 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
+1 more
CodeLion says

Yeah, but you have a separate rating for you as an author. So that’s not a rating depending on your item. Maybe an item is great but your support is really bad, or the other way arround.

Hi ChapterThemes

i guess you’re mis-understanding the voting system…

there is no such vote as “separate vote on your profile page”....

it is the same one, it’s the sum of items votes (& divided by the number of your items to give the average)...

it is the same :)

493 posts
+1 more
wopethemes says

yeah. there are no voting on your profile. profile vote = total items vote

129 posts
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Located in Europe
bobural says

This is actually a grate idea… to be able to rate (give stars) to authors not only the items… Maybe someone from STAFF will see this:)

by
by
by
by
by
by