62 posts
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
thememassive says

Hello,

I’m creating a Wordpress theme and I would love to know if there are any jQuery plugins for creating the front end style switcher. I’ve seen a lot of threads about this on Themeforest, but most of theme talk about creating your own code for it. I can do that, but since I’ve noticed that a lot of the themes have similar style switcher that slide from the side, I was thinking that perhaps there might be a well recognized and stable plugin for it, which I would prefer.

Also, while searching I came across a thread in which the author had gotten soft rejected for having a style switcher build into the theme, and having an option to disable it in the options panel (which is what I’m doing). I can’t find the thread now, but I just want to know if this would be a problem now, as that was a bit old thread, and I can’t find anything about this in the submission requirements.

Please reply regarding this, and thank you.

3581 posts Ruben Bristian
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+10 more
KrownThemes says

Why would you offer a style switcher in the theme? That’s only for previewing purposes, it doesn’t have absolutely any sense in a live environment.

1397 posts How's the surf doing?
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+6 more
tommusrhodus says

Why would you offer a style switcher in the theme? That’s only for previewing purposes, it doesn’t have absolutely any sense in a live environment.

+1, that’s a really strange idea. Assuming you want your buyers to have live styling changes, use the WordPress live customiser instead:

https://codex.wordpress.org/Theme_Customization_API
62 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
thememassive says

Well, I just want to have the style switcher for the demo page, which is my biggest concern right now. Otherwise, I don’t see the point of having that in the theme as well.

However, this would be my first time submitting to Themeforest, and I just thought it was a requirement as I believe that we are required to create a demo page such that the user can recreate it. Thought this was part of that, just not sure about it actually.

1 post
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Located in Egypt
immanence says

It’s good for offering appropriate color schemes for sight impaired readers

by
by
by
by
by
by