Hi guys, hope someone can help!! I’ve got 2 themeforest themes Iris and Gridfolio and I’m trying to install and run them locally on MAMP. However, I have only ever installed one theme called Hero from Themetrust, which was simple, I just went to theme>install and uploaded the zip and it worked fine. This time with the 2 Themeforest themes they are both telling me that the theme cannot be installed as the style.css is missing. I’ve seen some forum discussions around this topic and people are saying there should be another zipped file in this download zip but there isn’t.
PLEASE HELP… while I still have some hair left
- Download the final zip file from your downloads page.
- Unzip the final zip file; you should now have a final download folder.
- Do NOT upload the final download folder. Open up the final download folder.
- Browse the contents and find the actual theme folder. If you look inside the theme folder, you will see a “style.css” file. This is how you know you have found the theme folder.
- Upload ONLY the theme folder to your “wp-content/themes” folder
- Login to your WordPress admin panel and activate the theme.
Let us know how everything works out. Cheers!
Unfortunately that still doesn’t seemed to be working, for one I can’t find any folder called theme folder. However, I have found style.css but it’s within the css folder. I’ve tried zipping various folders and trying to upload them but with the same outcome, ‘missing style.css’. The css folder is within a folder with audio, css, images, jplayer, js, webfonts, it seemed logical to me to zip this folder and try and install it, but still no luck.
Any other suggestions?
Hi again redflame, what theme/template are you trying to install?
Iris – Clean / Responsive / Ajax / Wordpress
Have you by any chance given the video on this page a try? I don’t mean in any way that you are doing something wrong, but maybe accidentally overlooking a step? Please give it a shot, it should only take a couple minutes.
Are you sure you didn’t mistakenly purchase the HTML version of Iris instead?
Thanks again for the reply. Technically what doing is seems to be correct, but it’s just which file is the correct file I’m meant to add into the theme folder seems to be my biggest problem. I located the file with the html pages and css which also contains the style.css zipped and uploaded that and it still says that the style.css is missing. Not sure what next
Hi redflame, I’ve just double checked, and the template you’ve purchased is the HTML version of Iris.
It is not a WordPress theme, and unfortunately, will not work with Wordpress.
Please be so kind to contact support, and explain that you have purchased the wrong version. They’ll be glad to assist you.
Please post your support ticket ID here in this thread as well, so it can be promptly forwarded. Thanks!
- Please read our community guidelines. Self promotion and discussion of piracy is not allowed.
- Open a support ticket if you would like specific help with your account, deposits or purchases.
- Item Support by authors is optional and may vary. Please see the Support tab on each item page.
Most of all, enjoy your time here. Thank you for being a valued Envato community member.