3163 posts
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Community Superstar
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • United Kingdom
charlie4282 says

I saw This next to one of our downloads today…. Maybe it has been there for a while and I have just not looked recently but either way are we finally moving towards help with all the “missing stylesheets”?

Will people actually click it and use the link???

4594 posts
  • Envato Staff
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Canada
  • Community Ambassador
  • Beta Tester
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
+7 more
KingDog Staff says

It was just added. Hopefully we’ll see more and more buyers using it, but it’s just one of the steps we’re taking to reduce the “missing stylesheet” requests.

3163 posts
  • Community Superstar
  • Exclusive Author
  • United Kingdom
charlie4282 says

My concern will be that even though the link is clear as hell that people still seem to misunderstand it or will not click the link in the first place and head straight over here.

It remains to be seen but definitely a great start. Thanks TF!

2263 posts Bird is the word..
  • Elite Author
  • United States
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
+3 more
jonathan01 says

I wouldn’t class a light colored tiny link “clear as hell” especially on such a busy page – This could of been done a lot better guys.

3114 posts
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • United States
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Exclusive Author
chrisakelley says

I wouldn’t class a light colored tiny link “clear as hell” especially on such a busy page – This could of been done a lot better guys.

+1

Most users will see that for a few seconds and unless they’ve never installed a WordPress theme they most likely wont click it, and by the time they run into the “missing stylesheet” error will have most likely forgotten it even exists.

If a user is getting the “missing stylesheet” error, they already know how to install a WordPress theme, so seeing that error leads them into thinking the package is a) not complete or b) broken which then leads them to the author, the forums, the item comments, or Envato support

You get the mind sets like, Ive installed a 100 free themes/ themes from other shops and never ran into an error installing them why here.

There needs to be a large notice at the top of the downloads page stating to unzip the files after they download them.

The other option which has been suggested is to break the download up, which would work but…...... Then we would have issues where users are completely ignoring the documentation(who reads those things anyways)

2263 posts Bird is the word..
  • Elite Author
  • United States
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
+3 more
jonathan01 says

Big notice = much better

Thanks for your input Chris, agree with splitting the downloads up would be a bad idea completely.

Jonathan

by
by
by
by
by
by