3 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Located in Nepal
UShakya says

Hi..

I’m new to VH and like to discuss and ensure about the looks or style of any project. Is there any limitation or specification on its looks or style? can we make stylized or painterly look or there is only space for realistic looks?

coz one of my project is been rejected as “3D animation looks highly computer generated and therefore dated”. I intentionally made it as stylized and painterly look. Please clearly mention me if Video Hive have only space for realistic look not for stylized one which i did not find in Envato’s policies.

Any opinion and suggestions are much appreciated.

you can find the preview video on: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mE5zSShxQyo
12 posts
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
Smytt says

No such limitations exist. The only thing that sets the limit is your imagination. The reviewers try to be as objective as possible, but still, you need to know they are human and the subjective factor is always there.

I think the problem is not the material of your 3D liquid. The filter you used seems OK to me, but I would have spent a bit more time on particle simulations.

Also, for a simple logo reveal, this is way too long. For almost 10 seconds there nothing happens. The camera only shows the rounded cube with nothing happening.

I would advice – try using a different, textured background and add some transparency to the liquid – I do understand that would cause a bit of trouble with the logo being a bit visible before the actual reveal, but you can manage that! A little depth of field never hurts too. IF the reviewer encouraged you to “make improvements before trying to submit again”, do it. Don’t let all the work be wasted. Good luck.

3 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Located in Nepal
UShakya says

Hey Smytt, thank you very much for your valuable suggestions and advice, much appreciated.

Regarding “the first 10 second nothing happens”, its forming a cube for melting and revealing the cube which include the logo in different camera angle.

All of your suggestions make sense but its “Hard rejected” and its wasted for VH. Thank you anyway.

342 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in United Kingdom
+2 more
StencilMedia says

The cube is pretty much fully formed by ten seconds in though (well, it looks like it is), but the water doesn’t start to fall away until twenty seconds in. Definitely needs trimming down somewhat.

by
by
by
by
by
by