409 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
arctic_ark says
....is an ad manager really neccessary for that?....
...anyone know if flashden will keep track of these variables for me….

no.. u need an ad manager.

im sorry but i dont see how an ad manager does this for me. sites that have subid tracking have software on their end that does it. most affiliate networks have sub-ids. i dont see how an ad manager is going to track my links for flashden when flashden is the one getting the click…wouldnt that mean the ad manager needs access to flashden? an ad manager seems like something for webmasters and site owners needing to keep track of their own ads and incoming links, not the other way around…I need to track my referral links from other sites, to other sites, not my own sites.

101 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in Canada
+2 more
LoewenWeb says

Think of it this way: You have an ad on your site and set up ad tracking on your site. When a user clicks an ad on your site, the tracking script can track where they entered your page from (yahoo, google, wherever), along with all the statistics you could ever want. This is how google analytics works, and any other stats tracker.

So the job is split up. You track referrers, ect on your side, and flashden tracks the sale.

204 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has sold $1+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+1 more
parajuli says

Well, it works like this. You create a custom url so something like http://yourwebsite.com/ad_redirect?page=gritem&banner=2 and when that page is visited, it logs that visit and redirects you to your item page with referral URL .

:)

1 post
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
rmanville says

There’s a service called Tracker Kahuna that will do this for you and they even have free accounts. Check them out at http://kurld.com/HT

3135 posts
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 500+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
Daniel_R says
There’s a service called Tracker Kahuna that will do this for you and they even have free accounts. Check them out at http://kurld.com/HT

looks promising….

15 posts
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+1 more
spykawg says

Why not just use a short URL service like bit.ly and create two different links with custom names, e.g. bit.ly/myflashdenbanner1 and bit.ly/myflashdenbanner2

1 post
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+1 more
jmzolman says
I’d just like to get a referral :(

lol…

by
by
by