• Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • United Kingdom
rtofvnt says

Hi everyone.

There is one thing I’ve noticed – it was maybe brought to attention before, but I didn’t found it. As a musicians / composers / producers you’ve got idea how much effort, time and resources takes to create piece of music. Even when you finished don’t you sometimes think there is still something that can be improve and so. And then you waiting for few days for this track to be approved – watching numbers shows where are you in the cue. Finaly – BANG ! – email from envato – Your item was approved :-) Fantastic. Day after – ok – max 2 days, you realised that your music just got lost in the crowd of 2 second sounds or fx where you know author spend the same amount of time to create it. It is a little bit unfair – don’t you think ? So … my proposal is: Envato guys – please – create categories in Recent Items on the front page that music stays little bit longer on the front page. Regards to all – Matt.

1042 posts
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Argentina
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
+2 more
Sonicbyte says

Absolutely agree with you !!!!!

I spent several days to compose for instance an orchestral or cinematic track, and in a very short time it disappears from the home page due sound fx and other short loops…it’s disappointing sometimes, I don’t think my music is more important than others, but Matt have a point here, because isn’t the same effort and time to make a fx noise than a complete 3 or 4 minutes music track. Regards Rodrigo

70 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Won a Competition
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Europe
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
BeatheBeat says

Very good point and even better suggestion, Matt!!

2576 posts
  • Community Ambassador
  • Community Manager
  • Support Staff
  • Envato Staff
  • Has been a member for 7-8 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • Won a Competition
  • United States
+15 more
scottwills Staff says

I can’t promise anything short term, but we’ll definitely take a look longer term to see if there’s a need to have a separate section for Sound Recent Items and a separate section for Music Recent Items on the home page. :)

Now I’m just playing “devil’s advocate” here with you for a moment, but let’s say we had a Recent Items section for Music AND a Recent Items section for Sound. It’s quite possible that, even with that layout, your music would still get bumped from the home page quickly because of the sheer volume of audio that is now being submitted to AudioJungle.

So the problem isn’t really items getting a lack of exposure on the home page, it’s several other important factors:

1) Please don’t rely on home page exposure as your own opportunity to market your file. Uploading your track to AudioJungle is only the start of marketing your file. :) There’s certain things we can do for you (Featured Author, Featured File, Tweeting about your work each and every day, using your audio in our podcasts, track of the day on our blog, featured collections, our forthcoming embeddable audio player and so on…) but there’s also things YOU should be doing to. Blog about your audio, Tweet about your new audio releases, create your own collections, let VideoHive and ActiveDen authors use your watermarked audio in their file previews, use social networking sites to promote your music and so on and so forth… The possibilities are endless. :)

It’s like uploading your new album to iTunes. iTunes may be the most popular digital distribution service in the world, but if you don’t tell anyone that your album exists and you do not promote it, no-one is ever going to find it. Market and promote your audio as much as you can outside of the marketplaces.

2) Improved Search. Trust me, we’re working on it. I want customers to be able to have search functionality that allows them to search for exactly what they are looking for and find what they need quickly. So that’s something we already have plans to improve.

So while I agree with you that homepage promotion on AudioJungle is very nice, it’s not the only way to promote your work and you shouldn’t put all your eggs in one basket thinking that home page exposure is the only way to become successful, I can assure you it’s not. Think about quality, consistency, reputation, and the frequency you upload content too. Those are very important ways of becoming a successful author on AudioJungle. Just take a look at the best-selling authors on AudioJungle and try to see how and why they’ve become successful…

We’ll definitely consider improving/expanding Recent Items on the home page, I appreciate the feedback, but looking at the question that is really being asked here, there are a lot of other (and better) ways you can gain exposure for your work. :)

1042 posts
  • Argentina
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Exclusive Author
+2 more
Sonicbyte says

Hi Scott:

I agree with you, in fact I started to promote my own work in some of the ways you described before. But..maybe showing all types of audio together (fx sounds, loops, full audio tracks, etc) in the same place, the home page, without any distinction between them could be unfair…

In my case at least, I can’t produce more than 4 or 5 tracks per month – if i’m lucky – because I try to create full tracks instead loops, of course that is my choice…nevertheless my files sometimes wouldn’t be visible in the front page for more than a few hours because some authors are uploading lots of short audio fx or loops… Again, I’m not against them, it’s perfectly fine, but maybe this could be improved for instance dividing the homepage in two columns, one for tracks shorten than a minute and the other for longer tracks. Then Fx files and such will not wipe out longer files from the home page.

Thanks

(Sorry about my english)

289 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • United Kingdom
rtofvnt says

Scott … we’re not talking about the money :-) We are musicians …

420 posts
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Envato Staff
  • Exclusive Author
  • Gold Mo Grower
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
+7 more
NikiN Reviewer says

rtofvnt, you make a good point here