• Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
CodexThemes says

Hi guys,

I am a newbie to themeforest, so maybe someone can help me with advise (sorry, if I post in wrong topic).

Recently I have finished my wordpress theme and have submitted it to themeforest. I got a reject due to “Your template does not provide a unique enough design with the necessary design quality”. Of course I am ready to make design changes to suit the requirements of Themeforest, but unfortunately I didn’t get any details concerning which kind of improvements it should be – just an abstract rejection.

So maybe you can help me with your experience – in which direction should I make my improvements? My goal was to build a serious minimalist business template and I think it worse to be presented on themeforest, but it is only my subjective point of view.

Here is the DEMO-WEBSITE of my theme

Any suggestions are very appreciated!

1173 posts How's the surf doing?
  • Forum Superstar
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • United Kingdom
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
+2 more
tommusrhodus says

The best piece of advice I was ever given was this;

You can achieve 80% perfection with 20% effort, and the last 20% of perfection takes 80% of the effort.

In your case, your theme is looking good, but it’s looking good for a freebie at the moment. To make it a premium theme you need to spend that last 80% of effort. Everything needs to be perfect, first thing that jumps off the page is that the icons intersect the title (Safari 7) when hovering over the portfolio previews, again, apply that 80% extra effort and get everything perfect, compare (but not copy) to some of the big selling themes, is your theme looking exactly as premium in every single area, or is it let down by, say, those boring left/right arrows on the slider that are way to close to the edges?

I hope that helps :)

4 posts
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
CodexThemes says
You can achieve 80% perfection with 20% effort, and the last 20% of perfection takes 80% of the effort.

Thanx a lot! You are absolutely right. Yes, of course, I have built it comparing to the top selling themes, but still it is something wrong with that, damned :) I appreciate your suggestions, thanx again!

4377 posts
  • Beta Tester
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Community Ambassador
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
+4 more
Dzinc says

This thread is now in › Item Discussion