• Microlancer Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Canada
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
jdsans says

I have a recent theme in queue but because of new submission requirements its stuck in soft rejection stage.

The thing is theme doesn’t have a blog and comment sections as it’s a portfolio theme. So the reviewers use theme check to test the themes which gives “required” messages for the post and comments sections.

How can i bypass those messages or if not then is it compulsion to have all those things installed in the theme even if they are not a part of the design

Thanks in advance

2263 posts Bird is the word..
  • Elite Author
  • United States
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Exclusive Author
+3 more
jonathan01 says

Any WordPress theme created, regardless of it’s intended function must support everything that WordPress offers, therefore it should have support for blog articles, post formats and comments plus all the usual basic functions of WordPress.

148 posts
  • Has been a member for 0-1 years
loveetc says

Any WordPress theme created, regardless of it’s intended function must support everything that WordPress offers, therefore it should have support for blog articles, post formats and comments plus all the usual basic functions of WordPress.

Correct me if I’m wrong but I think a theme does not need to support the post formats. Just browse WordPress category on Themeforest and see how many of them support post formats, which makes me believe I’m not wrong.

950 posts How's the surf doing?
  • Elite Author
  • United Kingdom
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
+1 more
tommusrhodus says
  • Don’t need to support: Post Formats
  • Definitely need to support: * Blog Style Posts (using ‘Post post’ type) * Comments

If you’re making a portfolio site, that should be on top of regular blog functions, unless you plan on mixing the two together (think Tumblr)

127 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Canada
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
jdsans says

@all above

but what if blog is not the part of the design. That’s means its always mandatory for all wordpress themes to have a blog section

2263 posts Bird is the word..
  • Elite Author
  • United States
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Exclusive Author
+3 more
jonathan01 says

Not sure about the post formats being required – but in all honesty it should as it’s part of the basic install of WordPress. Again, regardless of what you presume people are going to use the theme for, it has to have standard WordPress functions, otherwise it’s not an entire WP theme. Adding basic styling is all it takes for single and index.

184 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • Sold between 1 and 100 dollars
  • United States
ThemeBuddies says

some people buy cars because they look nice. Do you think they would still by the car if it didn’t have an engine? The blog functionality is very easy to code for and is the “Engine” behind WordPress. To me, a WordPress theme without blog capability is like a car with no engine.

490 posts
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Exclusive Author
wopethemes says

Then spend time to design and code your blog sections matched your theme style . Problem solved!

by
by
by
by
by
by