2 posts
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • United States
Bebopbob says

Hello. Just signed up a couple weeks ago. I’ve submitted a couple files so far, both rejected.

I was wondering if anyone has had any success with electro and/or drumandbass compositions? Or anything on the heavier electronic side.

I have much to learn about commercializing my music, but I hope I can start making a few sales soon.

Jack

429 posts
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • United States
thesecession says

You can definitely have commercial success with dnb and electro music here. Did the reviewer directly say it didn’t have enough commercial potential or was it denied for a different reason? Perhaps you could post the song for us to listen to so we can give more directed advice :)

335 posts
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
+3 more
tiam says

Maybe you could post some sample on soundcloud if you want some feedback and thoughts :) But I definitely think you can have success with the more heavy genre drum and bass/electro.

60 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Turkey
Greysound says

Hello Jack.

Welcome to the jungle!

If you mean “approval” of an electro and/or drumandbass track, yes of course, almost we all had that kind of success. But if you mean whether such a track would have succes (as in lots of sales), I can say I really have no idea. But, why not? I have witnessed so many ridiculously non-commercial tracks made lots of sales here :)

So, be patient. Try to take into consideration the reason behind your item being rejected. Try to correct it and you will make your first sale before even you know it! ;)

By the way, I suggest you to shuffle through the portfolios of Audiojungle authors, just to form an opinion about commercializing your music. There are tens of thousands awesome examples around.

Cheers!

719 posts All things are possible, for one who believes.
  • Elite Author
  • Canada
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Won a Competition
  • Referred between 1000 and 1999 users
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
+3 more
TimMcMorris says

Hey Jack! Welcome :)

While there are definitely certain genres that are more frequented by buyers, it’s professional sounding, creative, high quality tracks that will generate sales, regardless of the genre.

There are people and businesses looking for all sorts of different music, however with so many options you must work to make your track stand out from the crowd.

Looking forward to your first approval :) Keep at it!

2 posts
  • United States
Bebopbob says

First off I want to say that users on Audiojungle are very friendly!

The 2 files I’ve submitted were just short simple loops. Just trying to find out what is acceptable and what isn’t. That sort of thing, so I didn’t really expect them to be approved anyway.

As for being successful producing heavy bass tracks, I was thinking of sales and whatnot. I have listened to a few tracks on here that I wouldn’t necessarily think of as ‘commercial’ tracks, but it’s nice to know that if it’s high quality and unique, Audiojungle will still approve your work.

Looking forward to getting my first track approved as well!

Jack

by
by
by
by
by
by