Thanks

112 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+5 more
Cause says

I purchased the Canon 550D for Christmas. Great all round camera and hoping to expand my lens collection soon. I got mine from jessops and would recommend if you want a discount on kit + insurance but amazon is equally as good, with 18mp with 1080p. Also if you have the money you may want to upgrade to a 600D, 60D, 7D or 5D mark II or Mark III soon.

http://www.jessops.com/online.store/products/77142/show.html http://www.amazon.co.uk/Canon-Digital-18-55-Lens-Kit/dp/B0037KM0F8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1333117914&sr=8-1
1006 posts
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
+5 more
mudi says

Lol thanx for replying I was also watching video about the same camera you mentioned.

http://youtu.be/3f7l-Z4NF70

Also can you tell me why lenses are important I am new to camera stuff?

2063 posts
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
Landonw says

I got a Rebel T3 (1100D) the other day for $400 – I plan on upgrading to a 7D, but it’s great for a first DSLR .

5560 posts
  • Member of the Envato Team
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Located in Canada
  • Joined us in one of our Envato Live Events
+12 more
KingDog Envato team says

If you’re just starting out, the kit lens (one that comes with the camera) should be good enough. As you get more comfortable, you’ll want to start looking at increasing your lens selection.

Certain lenses cover different styles of photography and you’ll want to find out what you enjoy before you drop a ton of money on new lenses. For example, you may find you like landscape photography, so a wide angle lens may be what you want. Or perhaps you like portrait work or photographing wild life, each would require a different type of lens.

When you do start looking at buying, a 50mm lens is usually a no brainier for your first lens. Just an all around decent lens that doesn’t typically cost an arm and a leg.

All the lens numbers etc. will all be Greek to you at first, but you’ll get on to it :)

112 posts
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Located in Romania
MsQbik says

I’m also planning to buy myself a dslr camera and after 2 months of research and reviews i get to the conclusion that Canon 600D is the best and cheapest (if you want something advanced or semi-pro) .

1006 posts
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
+5 more
mudi says

If you’re just starting out, the kit lens (one that comes with the camera) should be good enough. As you get more comfortable, you’ll want to start looking at increasing your lens selection.

Certain lenses cover different styles of photography and you’ll want to find out what you enjoy before you drop a ton of money on new lenses. For example, you may find you like landscape photography, so a wide angle lens may be what you want. Or perhaps you like portrait work or photographing wild life, each would require a different type of lens.

When you do start looking at buying, a 50mm lens is usually a no brainier for your first lens. Just an all around decent lens that doesn’t typically cost an arm and a leg.

All the lens numbers etc. will all be Greek to you at first, but you’ll get on to it :)

Thanks for info :)

by
by
by
by
by
by