153 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • United States
Genem says

Just like we can easily change the thumbnail image for an item, I suggest that we also get the ability to change the preview image as well.

This is what I’m talking about: http://genemstudios.com/tf/preview.jpg

Reason for this is because I have double, and even triple checked my screenshots.zip folder, and still, for some weird reason, the wrong image got placed for the item preview. With the ability for authors to change this image, if this kind of thing happens again, there will be a quick fix.

Thoughts?

3649 posts Community Moderator
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Netherlands
  • Community Moderator
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Exclusive Author
+4 more
Joost Volunteer moderator says

It’s a fine line between it being handy to change and fix quickly, and being uncontrollable – the preview has to resemble the contents of the file, which the reviewers check. When you can just freely change your preview, you could, in theory, easily break this ‘rule’.

374 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
_rohan says
It’s a fine line between it being handy to change and fix quickly, and being uncontrollable – the preview has to resemble the contents of the file, which the reviewers check. When you can just freely change your preview, you could, in theory, easily break this ‘rule’.

So does the thumbnail image, and that can be changed at any time..

469 posts
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • India
+1 more
SaurabhSharma says
Reason for this is because I have double, and even triple checked my screenshots.zip folder, and still, for some weird reason, the wrong image got placed for the item preview. With the ability for authors to change this image, if this kind of thing happens again, there will be a quick fix. Thoughts?
Did you renamed your images in sequential order? i.e. You presentation images as 01_presentation.jpg, 02_home.jpg, 03_about.jpg and so on. In alphabetical order, the first sorted image is taken as item preview. If you already know this, I am sorry to re-post. :)
1733 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Won a Competition
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
VisualSharing says
Reason for this is because I have double, and even triple checked my screenshots.zip folder, and still, for some weird reason, the wrong image got placed for the item preview. With the ability for authors to change this image, if this kind of thing happens again, there will be a quick fix. Thoughts?

Yes, one thought: http://themeforest.net/forums/thread/preview-image-bug/29718 :)

153 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
Genem says
Did you renamed your images in sequential order? i.e. You presentation images as 01_presentation.jpg, 02_home.jpg, 03_about.jpg and so on. In alphabetical order, the first sorted image is taken as item preview. If you already know this, I am sorry to re-post. :)

Yes, all of my images were named “01_Preview.jpg”, “02_Homepage.jpg”, etc. But it randomly chose the wrong image.

@cmt, thanks for that link. I hope they fix it soon.

by
by
by
by
by
by