LeatherwingStudios Recent Posts Threads Started
564 posts
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+1 more
LeatherwingStudios says

My suggestion for placement of Envato studio banner if infinite scrolling is implemented:

OriginalEXE, you cracked me up! But seriously, don’t give them any ideas!!!

7606 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Europe
+5 more
doru says

some more ideas that could be useful

when clicking on an item in search results, each fourth click you made you are redirected to envato studio regardless of the item you’ve clicked.

when trying to hit the back button add a script that keep you on envato studio.

even better, if someone clicks on a referral link outside envato network it will be redirected to envato studio instead of the original item.

sometime don’t show any search result, even if there are items that match the terms, but show only the banner.

5492 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Located in Australia
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
+4 more
Australia says

@doru lol

And onclick show the red and blue flashing gif, you are todays 1,000,000th lucky bugger

107 posts
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Won a Most Wanted contest
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
+3 more
tips4design says

My suggestion for placement of Envato studio banner if infinite scrolling is implemented:

Lol :))

Yes, this is a bad idea. Google still uses pagination on Google Search. Newsfeed is something different.

1567 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+6 more
AndrVlad says

I like the great idea to keep pages and not to use infinite scroll.

Best Regards, Andrey

6026 posts
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+8 more
VF says

If some search filters added in the future on left side column, then infinite scroll will work better than pagination. Simply because of reduced / fine tuned results. Also the usability depends on how easily the scroll bar, displays etc gives idea about total content.

Currently people are more familiar with infinite scroll than 4 years back. Swipe, mouse wheel habits improved a lot over clicks.

954 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Won a Most Wanted contest
+3 more
aleluja says

Well, it has its pros and cons.

The biggest pro is that there is no more “first page items are the best” what everyone tends to think (consequence of search engines).

The greatest con is the banner, obviously, and taking away the possibility to go back without infinite scrolling backwards and remembering where the item was.

-0.1 from me. Infinite scrolling is good for feed-like stream of data you want consume and don’t care much to remember – like 9gag, facebook, twitter, pinterest etc. This is not it, at least themeforest, it would be ok on photodune, since there are a lot of items there.

1298 posts The Last Man Standing
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+7 more
ImanGM says

-1 too. I don’t like infinite scrolls…

847 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+7 more
PhilLarson says

Now that I think about it more, use of infinite scrolling would only be measurably beneficial for certain marketplaces. Perhaps infinite scrolling is best for marketplaces like AudioJungle and PhotoDune only.

I suppose I’m especially thinking from an AudioJungle author’s perspective where:

1. The buyer is not always looking for something entirely specific (For a video editor, you may not know what you are looking for until you hear it. You hear something on page 1 and you think that’s it, though something on page 3 might be closer but you wouldn’t know cuz you already got the other one in your head and don’t want to waste any more time looking). I’ve monitored page views of songs on page 1 versus songs on page 2 and the drop-off is tremendous!

and

2. You may need to purchase several items for one project (video or whatever)... so ease and speed are helpful. Therefore, infinite scrolling is helpful for AJ and PhotoDune, where you may need to purchase several items for one project and need ease and speed on your side.

For the other marketplaces, the buyer most likely already has in their mind what they’re looking for and is willing to page through it to find it.

Thanks for your perspectives! :)

by
by
by
by
by
by