• Elite Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • India
+3 more
VF says

A suggestion from author’s perspective:
Better not to approve files on Saturday and sundays.

We know that those days are not really making good sales for any kind of file (almost all the weeks except a few which are negligible). I believe it is a suicide for potential new files as well as the marketplace if files approved on those days. The new files which gets approved on saturday or sunday obviously not getting the same kind of initial exposure/sales of other files.

1. This causes another drawback of not staying forward in the search result on the first week. As the search result based on rate of sales.
  2. As a result of above point, in the proceeding weeks those files constantly moves down in the search results.
  3. Another draw back of getting approved on sat/sundays is the sales count (made within 2-3 days) split into 2 weeks and unable to enter into weekly popular list. (Ex: Approximatly a file having 12 sales on sunday and 12 sales after sunday can’t enter into weekly popular. But the same file if approved between monday to wednesday can easily enter into the list with only 15 total sales)

Personally I think avoiding approval on those days can solve this. Especially the files which took several weeks to develop will be saved (from depending on fate/fortune) and everyone gains.

6767 posts
  • Italy
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
  • Beta Tester
  • Exclusive Author
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
+1 more
doru says

I think a more inteligent approach will be to implement some of the solution proposed by the users in a couple of other threads on this subject.

5542 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Elite Author
  • India
+3 more
VF says
I think a more inteligent approach will be to implement some of the solution proposed by the users in a couple of other threads on this subject.
+1 but this is an immediate alternative until automated/functionality based implementation (if considered).
4358 posts Love & Light
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 7-8 years
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • South Africa
+3 more
digitalscience says

I notice files usually get approved closer to the weekend, probably because reviewers have more time but this is probably the worse time for your file to get approved.

What Envato should do is hire in-house reviewers who work Monday to Friday – and therefore files get approved only during the week. And this way files will get approved every day of the week. I noticed that the queue has not moved in the last 2 days, so at least with in-house reviewers this would not happen.

I think this site is big enough and makes enough money to hire in-house reviewers, so not sure why they still have this freelance reviewer system who are also authors.

3256 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • Beta Tester
+4 more
ParkerAndKent says

+1

And I would introduce a new figure to the AD staff: the pricing supervisor. Reviewers are different persons and they have different heads and sometimes the prices of some files are set too high or too low for their category… with the result that some sells too much and some die in few days…

3256 posts
  • Elite Author
  • Exclusive Author
  • Beta Tester
+4 more
ParkerAndKent says
I think this site is big enough and makes enough money to hire in-house reviewers, so not sure why they still have this freelance reviewer system who are also authors.

+1

I agree that reviewers should be only reviewers… authors are competitors and, like in politics, we should avoid conflict of interest. The most important thing is to trust in the system…

4358 posts Love & Light
  • Elite Author
  • South Africa
+3 more
digitalscience says

All they need to do is hire 1 dude… he goes to work on Monday at Envato offices, and has to review exactly 30 new files in 8 hrs – shouldn’t take that long either, and once he has done that then he can move on to the update queue until the day is over and goes home… and then on Tuesday he approves another 30 files and checks update queue again…etc… so if they did this then the queue would always move consistently. Unless he takes a sick day and then we screwed lol :P

4358 posts Love & Light
  • Elite Author
  • South Africa
+3 more
digitalscience says

+1 for pricing supervisor ;)

5542 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Elite Author
  • India
+3 more
VF says
+1 for pricing supervisor ;)

+20 ;)

32 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
Avalonweb says

And for sure my new file, which stays in the queue since monday, will be approved (or not ;-) ) on saturday or sunday. Really thinking about to delete it from the queue, so that it will not be approved on the weekend….

by
by
by
by
by
by