• Exclusive Author
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • India
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
InkVille says
BTW – I would love to join the Envato family as a reviewer to help…
hehe me too ;p

relax dudes, get on the line…thought, there is probably another queue even bigger than the recent GR items queue :P

b/w, it is weekend, i am going to get drunk…anyone want’s to join me? :D

i think we have no option, just wait n watch and hope for the best.

let’s get drunk Thomas, cheers :D

4247 posts
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • United States
Aw_Shucks says
A suggestion from author’s perspective:
Better not to approve files on Saturday and sundays.

We know that those days are not really making good sales for any kind of file (almost all the weeks except a few which are negligible). I believe it is a suicide for potential new files as well as the marketplace if files approved on those days. The new files which gets approved on saturday or sunday obviously not getting the same kind of initial exposure/sales of other files.

1. This causes another drawback of not staying forward in the search result on the first week. As the search result based on rate of sales.
  2. As a result of above point, in the proceeding weeks those files constantly moves down in the search results.
  3. Another draw back of getting approved on sat/sundays is the sales count (made within 2-3 days) split into 2 weeks and unable to enter into weekly popular list. (Ex: Approximatly a file having 12 sales on sunday and 12 sales after sunday can’t enter into weekly popular. But the same file if approved between monday to wednesday can easily enter into the list with only 15 total sales)
Personally I think avoiding approval on those days can solve this. Especially the files which took several weeks to develop will be saved (from depending on fate/fortune) and everyone gains.

Honestly, who could be complaining so much that they need to consider the earnings of others, when their own portfolio goes noticed by practically most members who visit ActiveDen? A better point would be, If you can consider making money for those other authors, why would you not consider that there may be buyers who can only find the convenience to purchase new and fresh files ON THE WEEKENDS !? I completely dislike your idea on account of noticing your flawed reason for bringing it these members’ attentions.

I think this site is big enough and makes enough money to hire in-house reviewers, so not sure why they still have this freelance reviewer system who are also authors.

I’m only applying the benefit of the doubt here, but I’ll be amused at what the proposed explanation might be. moderation. And I don’t mean about the forums. If they have a moderate amount of reviewers, things get controlled better. Repeatedly, they type away about how “other marketplaces and stock file type businesses on the internet run their queues in a much more painstakingly, excruciatingly slow pace that everyone is willing to upload their files there in order to have them approved or denied.” What difference would it be if this place did that? I’ll answer. It would be less comfortable for anyone who is an author to express how they love this place so much. So, in regards to the fact that things are moderated so well around here, what was the point of that question, DS? Its not like I’m your dad, so I’m not being harsh… I’m just interested in knowing.

5755 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • India
+3 more
VF says
A better point would be, If you can consider making money for those other authors, why would you not consider that there may be buyers who can only find the convenience to purchase new and fresh files ON THE WEEKENDS !? I completely dislike your idea on account of noticing your flawed reason for bringing it these members’ attentions.

You missed the point. Just observe how the NEW files making sales on weekdays and weekends. That reflects buyer’s interest on here.

Secondly is there something bad for buyers if NEW files (just 15 to 20 files) not appears for 2 days especially the weekends? I couldn’t understand this point.

Anyway I just had a suggestion to save the heavy weight/ quality files from unfortunate endings. I personally don’t have problems as I post files once in an year or so.

3868 posts
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Beta Tester
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 7-8 years
+4 more
flashjunkie says

Authors need to realise that the home page is NOT the be all and end all of activeden, a good file will sell. Period. :)

5755 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Elite Author
  • India
+3 more
VF says
a good file will sell. Period. :)

Accepted.

5755 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Elite Author
  • India
+3 more
VF says

One last suggestion to end my posts:

Edit: Suggestion withdrawn :D

5310 posts The Dude Abides
  • United States
  • Exclusive Author
  • Elite Author
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
+5 more
CodingJack says

I see the queue didn’t move today. I don’t know if this is just coincidence but I hope so because currently with it’s loose structure no weekends would ultimately mean a lot less time on the homepage for everyone.

2201 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Exclusive Author
  • Netherlands
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
ArikB says

I don’t know about other marketplaces, but on GR, most of the reviewers do not review on weekends unless absolutely necessary.

So with that in mind, this concept has been tried here.

2162 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Beta Tester
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Canada
Nitro_Themes says

I definitely, agree with the “in-house reviewers” I think that would solve the problems and i would probably hire 2 dudes, one on days and one on nights since this is an international site, we all sleep at different times. So there are always people here also to buy files.

I think what ever gets uploaded in one day should be approved/rejected for the next day.

Thats just my thoughts and how i would do it if this was my business. Think of all those files that are in the cue could be making envato and the authors money, but this is not happening when the files sit in the cue for a week as DS was saying.

I don’t think it’s complaining but rather suggestions to better the marketplaces. This issue is always in the forum threads, i think worth spending time/$ to make it better.

I mean this is an awesome place, with great people I guess just have to work out all the bugs.

Cheers

1685 posts Time is what you desire most, but waste carelessly.
  • Elite Author
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
  • Europe
+1 more
Firsh says

Which is better:

1. Having your item(s) on the front page from friday to monday? (When your file got accepted towards the end of the week, which you say, is bad.)

2. Or have your items there for only 2 days in the beginning of the week which is good sales-wise. (Since they disappear faster when the reviewing is daily, not sure how many days that is on average.)

by
by
by
by
by
by